Friday, October 31, 2008

Warm and Fuzzy Memories with Rob

And now it's time for another Warm and Fuzzy Memory with Rob...

Tombstone Pizzas are normally good. Tombstone Pizzas from the back of a strangers car are scary.

One time Monica and I were driving home from DC. It was late at night and we needed to stop at a rest area. On our way into the bathroom the guy that is sitting by the door (tall guy with a beard and I believe he is wearing flannel) tells us that he has run out of gas. He says he is on his way to VA beach and any money we could spare him would be appreciated. I rarely carry cash and so quickly I responded by saying I'm sorry but I don't have any cash on me. He says to me that if we can give him any money he will repay us with Tombstone Pizzas that he has with him in his car. Tempting, but I don't carry cash for reasons such as this.

I went to the bathroom and on my way out I remembered that I did have a $20 bill on me. Someone repayed me with cash and thus I had some cash money. When I give the guy the $20 he is very thankful and he says to me let me repay you. He then says I have a ton of Tombstone Pizzas in my car and I can give you as many as you want. Now you need to understand that I love pizza. I love all kinds of pizzas, but I looked at his car and it was a beat down hunk of junk. I'm not judging but frozen pizza is supposed to stay frozen. I don't know how he was keeping his mass quantity of pizzas frozen in his beat up hoopty car. It would have been more believable if he said I have a collection of knives and weapons and I'm going to hurt you if you walk out with me to the dark area where my car is parked. I gracefully declined the pizza and went on my way. I did check behind me a couple of times to make sure he wasn't following us. And I locked the doors right when we got into the car.

And that my friends is another Warm and Fuzzy Memory with Rob.

6 comments:

  1. You are a brave man. That is why I don't use rest areas -- too many strange things going on. You have a great way of telling stories. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the pizzas were a cry for help from this guy. Didn't you at least ask what toppings they had?

    ReplyDelete
  3. rest areas make amazing stories. if he had the heat on maybe he was slow cooking them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good reminder for not carrying cash. It would be interesting if you could trace that $20 bill.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.