Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chad Johnson

This week is a big week for my friend Chad Johnson. He turned 30 and he got engaged to Kim Williams. So in honor of Chad, I would like to dedicate this blog to him.

Chad Johnson is the oldest friend I have. When I say oldest I don't mean that he is old...I mean that I have been friends with him longer than any other friend. When I was in 7th grade my family moved to VA. I moved in the middle of the school year, which is never easy. I had been at my new school for about four months and I didn't have very many friends. Basically all the guys hated me because all the girls loved me. That is a lie. The truth is not many people remember that I was in their 7th grade class. In fact most of my classmates think I came to the school in 8th grade.

One day near the end of the school year I didn't have a seat at the lunch table. Instead of pouting I made a joke of it. I started making a big deal about not having a seat and I loudly proclaimed that "I will create my own seat down at the corner of the lunch table next to this guy I don't know." I was joking around and people were laughing. I pulled up a chair next to Chad Johnson (the table was so packed he was sitting at the head of table). This was the first time I remember seeing Chad. I think I made him laugh because that next weekend he invited me over to his house. I'm not sure what I said or did that made Chad want to invite me over, but he was the first classmate to give me an invite. From that day on we were great friends. Throughout the years I have had many different friends, but Chad is the one I have known the longest. Happy Birthday Chad and congrats on the engagement!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Chad! He shoots, He scores! On a side note, the Johnson's sound like cool people...

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.