Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Attacked in the Night…..Guest Blogger Monica Shepherd

What would you do if you were minding your own business, sleeping peacefully, when all of a sudden the blankets were torn from your body? Some might find this romantic, but I found it confusing. Circa midnight, I woke up to Rob pulling all of the blankets off of the bed and onto the floor. He was beside the bed on his knees yelling, “Ow, ow, ow!” I was still confused. I kept saying, “Rob? Rob! Are you okay? Come back to bed!” I realized that he was asleep, but I was still confused. We haven’t turned our heat on yet, so it was already cold, even with blankets! He never responded to me, but he got back up, threw the sheet on me, and put the rest of the blankets at the foot of the bed. I was still confused and cold! I was too tired to make the bed, so I burrowed into the sheets. I had the giggles a little bit, but still wanted to make sure Rob was ok. I said, “Babe, are you ok?” He responded with a mumbling of words, but was safely back in the bed and was not yelling “ow” anymore. Confused, I went back to a cold sleep. I woke up smiling because I knew it was going to be a funny story. Unfortunately, Rob didn’t remember the dream that induced his attack on the bed. The reason he was in pain is because he took a bad fall a few weeks ago, and his knee is still sore and swollen. Crawling on your knees in the middle of the night on the floor would be painful if you had a bum knee. Good thing I don’t keep a gun or a shank near the bed. So, what would you do if you woke up to an innocent attack?

3 comments:

  1. I would like to thank my husband for being a good sport and letting me post this despite any embarrassment it might bring. Love you Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That is funny. When we got married, I had just finished doing intense counseling with teens. We had been trained how to safely defend ourselves if we were attacked. Tara got "restrained" one night when waking me up while trying to get back in bed. Luckily I have decompressed and we both sleep a whole lot safer now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a great story. I especially like that you used shank in it's proper context.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.