Wednesday, October 22, 2008

robshep.com = VIP

Tonight some of the Waters Edge staff went to a conference at The Wave Church in Virginia Beach. As we were pulling up, the parking lot was absolutely packed. The parkers were waving us towards the packed lot to the right. To our left, was a coned off section that said "VIP Parking." Stu, our driver and lead pastor at Waters Edge Church, rolls down his window and tells the parking attendant, "I think we are supposed to be there," and points to the VIP parking lot. Stu tells the guy that we have Rob Shepherd, from robshep.com. The attendant proceeds to wave us to the left- the VIP section.

The second parking attendant is guarding the cones. Stu rolls down the window and says again, "We've got Rob Shepherd, from robshep.com." The man moves the cone and lets us park in VIP parking, right next to the door. Apparently rolling with robshep.com gets you places. Who knew?

9 comments:

  1. I love rolling with robshep and getting VIP treatment. true story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to roll w/ robshep! even if the parking hadn't been that good. but hey, it worked! Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to your sermon from Sunday. I enjoyed it! I knew the series was about parenting and I was wondering what you were going to talk about. You did a good job! Even though you didn't paint the most devastatingly beautiful picture of me, I still liked it. :) Sar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sar, I hope you know it was an attempt to be funny. I didn't mean anything by it. Thanks for the comment and for listening to the podcast. That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you were just being funny! You certainly didn't say anything that wasn't true. I like when you tell family stories when you preach. It makes me feel famous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome story. I'm going to try to pull that sometime with you. Tell brian miller I was going to leave a comment on his blog, but he doesn't accept name/URL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny. Roll on robshep.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha thats awesome. reminds me of 2 summers ago when myself & 6 others got into the most recent Harry Potter movie for free by saying 1 of our friends was one of the supporting actors in the first 2 or 3 movies. Oversimplification of a longer story... but yes, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fabulous! You are so famous! Or atleast your name and title sounds famous!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.