Friday, October 17, 2008

Change the World - Week 1

There is a song by John Mayer called "Waiting For the World to Change". Here's the deal...I don't want to wait for the world to change...I want to help the world change.

This week one of the ways I helped the world change was by investing in a students life. I took a student who is struggling with school and lacking a purpose in life out for a milk shake. We spent time hanging out, but I also tried to speak truth into his life. I lovingly challenged him to be all that God has created him to be. I am the person that I am today because God used adults to speak truth into my life. I pray God uses that time to change the world through this student.

Being a faithful reader of robshep.com I would love to hear your story. How did you help the world change this week? Leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving my Monday nights at the Rescue mission. I am really starting to get to connect with a few of the guys and having great conversations. Keep pushing us Rob!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.