Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Twins Adventure With Picture People

This past Friday my wife tells me that we are taking our twins to Picture People in the mall. If you've never been it's like fast food for photography. Now we went on a Friday during the day so it wasn't busy. We had the employees full attention. Now you are about to see some really cute pictures. What you don't know is that it was a lot...let me repeat...a lot of hard work to get a few cute pictures.

I Tweeted the following after our experience..."Taking the twins to Picture People is like seeing A Walk To Remember in the theaters. Lots of crying and I'm wondering what I'm doing there." For every smile that you are about to see there was a lot of hard work at getting them to sleep. We almost threw in the towel on multiple occasions. The issue was they were tired and we kept having to move them around for new poses. It was a few minutes of crying but it felt like hours. When we were done Monica and I were slap tired. I'm so glad that we stuck it out because the following pictures turned out really cute. Enjoy...









18 comments:

  1. Thanks. How was it getting up and going back to work today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And everyone said, "ooohhh" .... "aaahhh". Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one where y'all are completely ignoring Reese!  That should sooo go on awkwardfamilyphotos.com!!  Actually, it's a cute picture, but you're going to have a lot of explaining to do to Reese when she's older and sees that picture!

    The pics turned out great!  Is it weird that I like to stop and sneak a glance in at the kids getting their pics taken at the Picture People in the mall when I go by it?  Ick...that just sounds weird.

    Hope you and the rest of your family had a great weekend!

    -Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a reminder that when people are all smiles and look good on the outside, you may never know what they have been through or what's really going on inside. Life's a struggle, but worth the battle--great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Daniel. I think they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elyse, I know! We might have to keep that one from Reese. It was not intentional. He just looked so cute smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great insight. Sounds like a good blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. robshep! best picture = Haydens little smirk and asian eyes! 2nd best picture = you holding reese and kissing her (however if that was my face you were about to kiss this picture would move up to first place. i kid i kid). You and Monica got yourselves some cute lil babes. what an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picture! Just wait until they are big enough to crawl or walk away from you while you're doing the pictures....that is a whole different experience!!!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. where did you get the phrase "slap tired"?

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOOO CUTE!!!! wish i could see yall in person...dang texas why do i live here!!! :) miss yall

    ReplyDelete
  12. We miss you too. Mon and I were just talking about you yesterday. You cool people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lauren, there is a chance I heard it from someone and I just don't remember but I think I made it up. I don't know who else says it and I've said it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sanci I can't imagine that. I will be that dad with his kids on leashes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Brad. I am excited to work with you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics, man. I really have a hard time with family pictures. Very stressful. Very, VERY stressful. But woth it. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the one of Reese elbowing Hayden... Yep! a sign of things to come!  :) Precious photos of a precious family!  Worth the waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these pics. Helps me remember when my own twins were little! The cliche is true: it goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.