Monday, May 16, 2011

Movie Review: Fast Five

I can't believe that I'm going to write this, but I loved a Fast and the Furious movie! To me the Fast and Furious series is like Bazooka Joe Gum. It looks fun but it doesn't have much flavor.

I know the movies have done well at the box office but to me they are a lot of splash and not a lot of substance. I could see liking the series if I loved cars, but I barely know how to turn on my hazards. Now I've seen all of the Fast movies except for the one in Tokyo. I feel the same about all of them. The movie franchise started as a lesser version of Point Break. It was not very original and not very memorable. Now most movie franchises don't get better over time. Especially when they get to a fifth film. Somehow the Fast series hit it's peak at number five.

If the movie Ocean's 11 had a child with The Borne series and that child became a teenager who could drive fast it would be Fast Five. It's a great action movie. It's rated PG-13 for a pointless F-bomb, action/violence, and some skimpy bikinis. I could have done without the F-bomb and the skimpy bikinis. I give it two thumbs up.
Rob's Rating System =
Two Thumbs Up - A great movie worth paying full price.
One Thumb Up - A decent attempt and worth seeing at a matinee price.
Thumb to the side - An ok film, but wait for video.
Thumb down - A stinker of a film. Don't waste your life seeing it.

16 comments:

  1.  I don't know about you, but I am glad that there is a lot of forgiveness in this movie. Warms my heart just to heart about it. ... What? ... Oh, you meant a different type of F-bomb? Oh, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is high praise...will have to check this one out...i saw the first 2 of the series and gave up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to take it back to a series at WEC. Quality comment leaving at it's best.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should have named this movie "Really Good Action Movie." I wish it didn't have Fast anything in the title because it's way better then any of the others.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question is...did u stay after the credits? 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was interested in this one. I have been skeptical though. Thanks for the review. I want to see it for sure now.

    ReplyDelete
  7.  This was totally different than the other 4...I was expecting much more racing like the previous ones, but there wasn't really any racing. Regardless, I still think it was one of the better ones because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ryan, me too. I don't think they should have called it Fast anything. It's just a good action movie.  

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adam, when you do let me know what you think. If you like action then I think you will really like this movie.  

    ReplyDelete
  10.  I am impressed you give it two thumbs up! I remember seeing the 2nd one in Fort Worth with you and monica...fun times! Glad you liked it! we can all use a lil more fast and furious! hahahah right? 

    ReplyDelete
  11. I going to assume you were taking medication when reviewing this film :) 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mon and I talked about that after this movie. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You NEED to watch Tokyo Drift!!! It's the only Fast & Furious I've watched all the way through and I love it...ok so it's not very deep but the drifting is awesome (so is the music)! 

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's in my cue for Netflix. We will see.  

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.