Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Most Epic Band Combinations Of All Time

So thanks to Entertainment Weekly I discovered that New Kids On the Block and The Backstreet Boys have combined to form a super group called NKOTBSB. They have a song together and my wife loves it. Now the combining of two super man bands (I refuse to call them boy bands because their average age has to be 79 years old) has me thinking. What if some other super groups combined forces? Here are some that I'd like to see...
  • Def Leppard and Guns N' Roses. Both these bands were amazing in the 80's. I'd love to see them unite.
  • Rolling Stones and Aerosmith. To tell you the truth I used to get Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler confused. They are pretty much the same man. Why not unite the two to make a super rock group.
  • U2 and the Beatles. Sure half of the Beatles are no longer with us but I'd still love to see this combo.
  • Jay Z and Eminem. To my knowledge they have never collaborated. It would be epic.
  • Carey Underwood and Kelly Clarkson. The two biggest winners from American Idol would be great together.
  • MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. I saw once that they did a concert together. Why not an album?
  • Usher and Justin Timberlake. Let's be honest they are already pretty much the same person. Well, minus the fact that they are different races. Besides that they'd are the same and they'd make some great music together.
  • The Black Eyed Peas and TobyMac. This will never happen but I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it did.
So what bands/artists would you like to see become a super group?

8 comments:

  1. My dreams pretty much came true with NKOTBSB...going to their concert in June with Court & Linds!! I would be thrilled to add NSync to this super group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have to say Dave Matthews, but I can't really think of another group to mash them with that is BIG. OAR, but they aren't huge. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I'd say John Mayer. That'd be a great concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about my two favorites, Menudo and Barry Manilow? Oh, I shouldn't have even dared to dream this, now I am moist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best smash up already happened: Muse + U2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbF9MPyRTHI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave Matthews Band and Bob Marley. (You used the Beatles, I can totally use Bob.)

    Also, Jay-Z and Eminem have collaborated before on a song called "Renegade." To my knowledge, though, that's their only joint effort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not much of a music guy, so I've got nothing. But if I ever became very wealthy, I would want to be called Big & Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bon Jovi and Def Leppard. Better looking than Guns N' Roses.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.