Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mustache Day

My wife was adamant that she didn't want me doing a thing for her first Mother's Day. The guys that I work with were adamant that she didn't really feel this way and that I would be a fool if I didn't do something. What to do? What to do indeed? So instead of a card, flowers, or something Mothers Day like I decided to do a blog post. I titled this Happy Mustache Day. Enjoy.

It seems like just 5 weeks ago our twins were born (if you are new to the blog it was 5 weeks ago). They grow up so fast. Now, our twins have sweet mustaches.

I know that our son is a boy and our daughter is a girl, so it doesn't make sense that they both have sweet mustaches. My best guess is that it's a twin thing.

Our twins are growing up fast, but here's what I know. I know that they have a wicked awesome mom. I know they have a mom who makes their dad a better person. I know they have a mom who will help raise them to love Jesus.  I know they have a mom who let their dad sleep last night because he has to work all day at church. I know they have a mom who will be their biggest fan. I know they have a mom will always love them despite their sweet mustaches.

Happy Mother's I mean...Mustache Day.

13 comments:

  1. smiles. enjoy the time while you have it...they do grow up fast...and they will never forget their mom...happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! The sweet mustache gene is a powerful one. Also you have a done a great job honoring M with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words say it best. And mustaches. Definitely mustaches.


    Happy M Day to M!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Daniel. You threw me off at 820. I am not used to you being there at 820. What am I going to do at 6?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! You are so right - those mustaches are wicked sick! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that you will find a way to survive my friend. Great message today. Always appreciate your time "in the pulpit".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome--I love it. Happy Mustache Day, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The guys were adamant you should do something for Mother's Day & you wrote a blog post & put a mo on your daughter?!?!?!?! Rob what were you thinking!?!?!

    Seriously mate contact me before pulling this sort of stunt again.

    Here in Oz you'd be run out of town for that sort of behavior - at the very least Mum expects brekky in bed, flowers, taking care of babies for the ENTIRE day etc etc etc

    American wives must be easily pleased ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should find out when the actual Mustache day is (because there must be one) and send your wife flowers then.

    (And when your kids are older and highly annoying, she will want a mustache made of diamonds.
    )

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.