Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Believe In Hair Club For Men


I'm balding. Sometimes I think I'm healing from balding but then the wind blows and I realize that I can count the number of hairs on my head. The Bible says that God knows the number of hairs on our head. Some would say that makes me like God, but I would say that makes me a novice at comb overs.

A few years ago I saw a commercial for Hair Club For Men. I never paid attention to these commercials until I started going bald. They showed guys like me go from balding to sexy hair. I want sexy hair so I called the number at the end of the commercial. Apparently they have a free consultation. Apparently they have a store 30 minutes from my house. Apparently I am desperate because I went to this free consultation.

At the free consultation they tell you why you go bald. It's genetics and it's your mom's fault. They then tell you how they can fix your baldness. I didn't care how much it was going to cost at this point I was hooked. It costs $10,000. I changed my mind about not caring about the cost. I left this free consultation saying that I was going to save up for Hair Club For Men to give me sexy hair. That was a few years ago.

Since then I have saved up a whopping $0 for sexy hair. I believe in Hair Club For Men. I Believe that they can fix my problem. I believe in them but I'm not willing to pay the cost.

Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Many people believe in Jesus. They believe that He's God's son. They believe that He died and rose again. They believe and yet they aren't willing to pay the cost. I'm not sure that is the type of belief Jesus was talking about. Jesus talked about a belief that included dying to yourself. Jesus promised that when we believe we will become new creations. Jesus promised that when we believe it we would find how to live life to the full. I want to believe in Jesus in a way that causes me to pay the cost.

How much would you pay for good hair?

15 comments:

  1. "Jesus and the Bad Comb-overs" sounds like the name of a Christian rock band. As I have a thick and luxurious head of hair, this post doesn't apply to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bald can be beautiful ...i say use your money for a tattoo on your head....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe there is a song with the lyrics: "All gave some, some gave all" at the end of my life I hope I am in the latter group, I don't want to leave anything behind. You got it that it is HARD to think about what we are sometimes asked to give up, commit to, but doing it in His name ALWAYS is worth the effort. Thanks for putting it in perspective Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post reminded me of this song:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUUtWT2ASI&feature=related

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard that song. Thanks for sharing Gabriella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are welcome Cara. Thank you for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bald can be but you've never seen my head. It ain't pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be a great Christian rock band. Their first song should be called Jesus loves Donald Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  9. enough money to hire someone to shave it off conan o'brien and glue it on mine. so, like, 40 bucks if i hire my uncle kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i grow good hair.
    which is a good thing, because i resent spending money on anything hair-related.
    "steal shampoo" is usually on my to-do list when i visit my parent's house.

    also, i am impressed at how you related "Hair Club for Men" with following Jesus...
    word.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks. I don't know if you will come back to read the comments but I went to your site. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. $0. My haird is thick and lush. And it covers up my large hair. No real complaints except that I am far to young to be this gray-headed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear ya. I have gray and am going bald.

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw thanks..i'm slowly getting inspired to blog more after stumbling upon so many fantastic ones. as if i don't have enough to occupy my time in college, i now spend a few hours a week reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.