Friday, May 6, 2011

Top Ten Best Superhero Movies of All Time

At 7:30 PM on May the 6th I am going to see Thor. Now if you are new to the blog then you need to know that I LOVE superheroes. I didn't grow up reading Thor's comic book but I am out of my mind excited about the movie. It looks really good! Now I know that many of you could care less about movies and even less about superhero movies. Well, this is my second post of the day so enjoy the first one and skip this one. On that note it made me compile a list of the...

Top Ten Best Superhero Movies of All Time.
  1. The Dark Knight - it would be hard for anyone to argue that this is not number 1.
  2. Batman - this movie from 1989, staring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as the Joker, still holds up in my opinion. It will forever be one of my favorite movies.
  3. Iron Man - I had no stock in Iron Man. I didn't even think the movie looked that great. I went to see it because I see almost all superhero movies. I left saying it was one of the best movies of all time.
  4. X-2. The first X-Men was a decent flick. It was good because there weren't a lot of other superhero movies at the time. It doesn't hold up that well but I still like it. The sequel on the other hand took superhero movies to a whole notha level.
  5. Batman Begins - it's crazy to think that this was the first time we had seen Batman's origin in a movie. I love this movie but what I love the most is that they hint that Joker is coming for the sequel. I love when movies set up the next film.
  6. Superman - this is the one that started it all. They didn't want to make a cheesy superhero movie so the hired A-List actors, had a big budget, and made us believe a man could fly. If you like Spiderman 1 then you need to say thank you to Superman because it parallels it.
  7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - now this may not seem like a superhero movie, but it is. The turtles started off in comics. They are mutated like X-Men, fight crime, and are awesome. I love this movie!
  8. Spiderman 2 - I think this movie is good but it still makes me mad that they took off his mask at the end. I left the theater really angry. It took me about 3 more watches on DVD before I saw how good this movie really was.
  9. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut - this movie never made it to the theaters. The director, Richard Donner, filmed 70 % of the movie and then he was fired. I liked Superman II until I saw this version of it. When Superman II came out in theaters it had a new director, added a new beginning, and finished filming the final 30%. Superman II would make this list but it's not as good as the Richard Donner Cut.
  10. Blade 2 - I never read this comic. In fact I barely knew he was a superhero. I saw him appear on a Spiderman cartoon and I thought he was kind of lame. My brother told me that this movie was legit like MC Hammer in Hammer pants. I rented it and then became a fan.
So that's my list. Who knows if this summer will bring some new favorites. Thor, Green Lantern, and Captain America all have movies coming out this summer. Can't wait! Speaking of this summer vote on the new poll at robshep.com, Most Anticipated Summer Movie.

What's your favorite Superhero movie of all time?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, two posts in one day! I am rippling with giddiness. One of my favorite superhero movies is The Incredibles by Pixar. I realize that this is a computer animation and not a live-action movie, but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i go a little higher on batman begins...but you hit the list pretty good...glad not to see the new superman on there...ugh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love The Punisher with Thomas Jane. The extended cut makes the movie way better and is so good. I'm also a huge fan of the watchmen movie. I think another movie of note would be Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton(which was iron man b4 iron man even came out)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would put Batman Begins higher...  It's not my favorite, but I really liked it...  Unbreakable.   

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.