Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Want To Be Like Ludacris

I want to be like Ludacris. Not in the sense that I want to be a professional rapper and make movies in my spare time. More in the sense of doing what he does when he works on a song.

I was telling my wife that if I ever hear a song and Luda (I like to call him Luda) makes a guest appearance that song automatically becomes amazing. I would never admit to being a Justin Bieber fan but when Luda raps on Baby that song becomes amazing. Fergie does okay without the Black Eyed Peas, but add a little Luda to her song, Glamorous, and it becomes amazing. Taio Cruz has a somewhat catchy song with Break Your Heart, but when Luda breaks into a rap it becomes amazing. Jesse McCartney sings a catchy little song called, How Do You Sleep? but out of no where Luda comes on and makes it amazing.

It's my goal to make the things that I am apart of better. I hope that my marriage, my friends, my job, and even the world wide web are better because I've made a guest appearance. I am not even close to Luda status with making things that I do amazing, but I am trying.

When something isn't great it's easy to complain about it. But what if instead of complaining we pulled a Luda and made it better just by being a part of it? I once heard that it doesn't help to complain. Instead become part of the solution. If you don't like something offer something positive to make it better. I know he gets paid a lot of money so this analogy breaks down, but if Luda can make okay songs amazing why can't you make okay situations amazing? See what I'm talking about? I want to be like Ludacris.

19 comments:

  1. Good point Rob.  I have to confess that I am not familiar with what Luda does (yeah, I know don't say it) but I really, really, (did I say really) dislike rap music to the core.  Like fingers on a chalkboard to me.  However, I get your point and do want to make things better when I am around.  I want to enrich peoples' lives.  Good word today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. this was a professional blog post. Spot on as they say. Oh, and by the way, I say this not because I want you to say the opposite to make me feel good, I am not Luda in most situations. Still very much a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post, probably because I LOVE Luda. Let's be honest who doesn't?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my Luda! You've made everything better for ms. Plus you're a good rapper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring concept using a current example.  Sort of like adding the salt to a meal.
    How bland food would be without salt. Salt brings no attention to itself, but compliments the things it touches.  Not a new thought, but you have captured it in a fresh way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In order to be like "LUDA" you must start with the hair... just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice for the pic. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen my Facebook profile. Done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME.  Yet another post that makes me want to say YES!!  This is what I've been talking about!! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks DP. You read twice this week. That made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a new thought, but a great one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not a huge Luda fan when it's just him on a song, but he makes other people's songs amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Daniel. We are all a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do make everything better!

    Take this blog for instance: it just wouldn't be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.