Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some more space with another Mind Dump...
  • One of my former students put the following on Facebook, "A fart is just a joke without words." That's funny stuff. If it's true then my twins are comedians.
  • Smallville series finale was last Friday. I LOVED the first season of this show. I felt that it lost its way in the middle but the last couple of seasons have been good. Even though they totally jacked up the Superman mythos it was still an entertaining show.
  • Oh dang. I just finished the Smallville series finale. Wow! That's how you end a TV show. LOST and Seinfeld should watch Smallville and then find a way to go back in time and redo their series finales.
  • Congratulations to Matt Cannon! He won the Awesomely Bad Movie poll last week at robshep.com. If you missed it check it here. Oh and if you are not reading Matt's blog then you should. It's one of the best on the world wide web.
  • Speaking of polls...have you voted on the newest one at robshep.com? Better drivers men or women? Vote now.
  • I spoke at Waters Edge two Sundays ago. I think God used the talk. I continue to hear people say how they were challenged by it. If you are interested then you can watch it here.
  • I saw this on Twitter last week - "They're our too kinds of people in this world. People who hate the first three words of this tweet & people who didn't notice." I'm one of those that didn't notice.
  • My dad always says that a sign of a wound healing is that it itches. I don't know where he got that from but I think it's true. Whenever I have a wound and it's healing it starts to itch. Lately my head has been itching. I am hoping that the itching is a result of my balding healing. It'd be nice to grow more hairs.
  • I want Superhero diapers. No, not for me silly. For my twins. All the diapers we have include Sesame Street characters on them. No offense to them but my babies don't have a fat clue who baby Big Bird is. I know they don't know who Superman or Batman are but I do. If I'm the one who is going to know what's on the diaper then I want some superheroes. Eww eww...with villains on the inside. Babies can poo on villains. Someone needs to invent that.
  • You want to know what's scarier than skydiving? Opening a can of crescent rolls. Done both and opening crescents makes me jump every time!
  • I recently discovered Knox McCoy's blog. I've been laughing ever since. Funny stuff.
  • His blog is where I saw this funny video for the first time...
  • Now I think this is ha-larious but I hate it at the same time. DC Talk is one of my all time favorite bands. This kid doesn't do them justice.
  • Speaking of old Christian artists I listened to PFR's greatest hits the other day. Do you remember them? My wife said and I quote, "What is this the Christian version of the Beatles?" Why yes it is.
  • Blogger went down last Thursday night. It took away my post from Wednesday and it wouldn't let me post anything new on Friday. I've never had any problems with Blogger, but that one was crazy. It reminded me of the PS3 mess.
  • If you own a PS3 then you know that the entire system got hacked and it's been out for about a month. It's pretty frustrating. I've been a big PS3 fan but it makes me want to get an XBox.
  • Speaking of game systems...I just found out that they are discontinuing the Nintendo Wii. Do what? I want my money back. I like the Wii a lot. They don't produce enough quality games but I've enjoyed the system. Boo I say, boo.
  • Did you hear that Ashton Kutcher is replacing Charlie Sheen on Two and A Half Men? Is this an episode of Punk'd? I'm not sure how they are going to replace Charlie. I don't watch the show but I wonder if they will act like Ashton is Charlie's character or if they will pull a Dukes of Hazard and he will be a cousin that we have never heard about. Whew...that was a long sentence. Do you remember Coy and Vance Duke? They were just like Bo and Luke but not as good.
  • Who do you think is going to win American Idol? My favorite is Lauren. That girl can sang!
Whew...I feel better now.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, it all comes out today! Poo and crescent rolls and Seinfeld allusions. So much variety to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PSN is back up! Also Sony is doing some cool stuff like giving its users 2 free games. so i'm fine with it. I just enjoyed my single player games a little more during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I heard they were doing that. I haven't logged on to find out how to redeem the games. Is it easy to figure out? 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya on opening the can of crescent rolls....cinnamon rolls, any dough from a can...I always get nervous and hold it as far as I can away from me while I open it and wait for that pop, I know it's coming but I get freaked out by it. LOL
    And I really hope Lauren wins American Idol too but this season has been wacky so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Rob - 
    It is an honor to be shouted out about on this fine blog. Double boo on Wii and hip hip hooray on Coy and Vance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok Rob.  You have my vote!  i saw Chipotle in the mind bubble and knew you were da man!  That is the best place to eat!  Gonna have to check out Knox's blog.  Also, i was never really a PFR fan...not rock enough.  :)   Bummer about the Wii.  just bought one at Cmas.  As Arnold said, "I'll be back." 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill, to have a comment from you is an honor! I see you on a lot of other blogs. Thanks for stopping by.  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knox, I like your comment. So much so that I am going to literally like it on the blog.  It has now been liked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with ya. It's so scary.  

    ReplyDelete
  10.  Your superhero diapers idea is the best ever.

    Villains on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks. Now if I just had a way to make it happen. Got any ideas? 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and Bill, I love Chipotle. I once hate there 4 days in a row. Love it!  

    ReplyDelete
  13. When you said super hero diapers, I thought you meant ones that never leak.  Maybe that is why they don't make them.  If they leak with Sesame St, they looked kinda wimpy in the first place.  Leak with superman and there might be law suits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You might be on to something. Thanks for the comment!  

    ReplyDelete
  15. they havent instituted it yet so once the do i'll  let you know 

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked it too. What's not to like? ;) And Superhero diapers=brilliant. Market that right and you'll put your babes through college easily.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.