Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

I love Memorial Day. I get the day off from work, I normally eat at least one hot dog, and typically it's a great weekend for a Summer Movie. Truthfully I often celebrate Memorial Day without doing what it's designed to do...honor those who have given their lives for America.

So for today's blog I have two questions.
  1. What are you doing for Memorial Day?
  2. Who is one soldier that you will commit to pray for today?
Today Monica and I are going over to a friend's house for a cookout. I love hanging with friends and I'm really excited about that hot dog.

I don't personally know any soldiers who have given their lives but I know a boat load who serve our country. Today I'm praying for the guys in my Community Group who are in the military. Today I'm praying for my friends from high school that are serving our country overseas. I'm thankful for the men and woman who I know from Waters Edge who have dedicated their lives to serve our country. Today I'm thanking God for our military. Now you're up. See you in the comments.

16 comments:

  1. working...this morning my boys have friends over and i have counseling sessions all afternoon...my soldier, Luke Bryan in Afghanistan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning with my daughter, early afternoon at work, home to mow the lawn, nap time, and then exercise before bed. I have already spent some "knee time" during devotionals to pray for soldiers past and present. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Daniel. You too. Saw you at the 820 again. Is that your new service?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, thanks for the comment. Sorry you have to work today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the next few weeks, my daughter has Sunday afternoon sports practice. Just a schedule thing for now. (BTW, I appreciated your talk yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.  Yorktown Beach with friends
    2. My husband !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cut grass yesterday and put down some stuff for grubs.  This morning washed both cars, my wife planted some flowers, we went to a town about 40 miles away to a store and ate at Penn Station.  I came home and went for a 24 mile ride in the 90 degree weather.  Now getting ready to grill.   I  am committing to pray for a fellow blogger's wife, Ria Keathley, stationed in Iraq. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob: how do I get my avatar to show up?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bill, I see your avatar. Did you figure it out or do I not have a fat clue what an avatar is?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bill, a 24 mile bike ride is amazing. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, thanks for the comment. How was the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  12. See it now.  It didn't come up originally.  Just some shadow of some dude in a hat.  All's well in the world today.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Movie and a hotdog? Something like Tokyo Drift?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Memorial Day means spending time with family. My husband was only in the military for 2 years, but he spend nearly a year in Vietnam, so I am thankful to God for returning him safely, and I pray for those in the military today, and thank them for their service to our country. God bless them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually, he "spent" -- not "spend." I apologize for the typo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. (1) Working. We don't have Memorial Day in Canada, but we do have Remembrance Day on November 11th. (the 11th minute of the 11th day of the 11th month).

    (2) Yesterday I wrote about a Canadian soldier at the writing blog I contribute to. Here's the post if you're interested:  http://wordbitches.com/2011/05/30/pick-me-up-file/

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.