Thursday, July 14, 2011

Random Thoughts By Ryan: A Guest Post By Ryan

I'm at camp this week so I asked some friends to guest post for me. Ryan is a great guy. We have the type of friendship where I can make fun of him and he still likes me. I joke him often about his love for The Bachelorette, his bad taste in DVDs, and his fear of babies. He's a great guy and I'm excited for you to get to know him.
________

I officially met Rob last year in December after trying my hardest to avoid him at all costs. I had briefly met Rob in passing at church and seen him around the area but had no real contact. There was nothing wrong with Rob, but you know when you are out and you see someone you kind of recognize and have no idea what to say… Yea…

Anyways, after passing Rob at church, dodging him at Chili’s, and being forced to walk by him at Target and say hello, I got placed in his community group, which was one of the best things that could have happened. After a short amount of time, Rob and I developed a great friendship, the friendship inspired me to read and be a fan of his blog, which lead me to read his Mind Dumps, which leads me here…

Random Thoughts From Ryan:
  • I first want to say that I am a proud fan of The Bachelorette. I watch it every Monday night just like every other man in America who is scared to admit it. I am just glad that Bentley’s gone. Hopefully she will get over it.
  • My wife and I just put the snapshot thing from Progressive in her car. Have you seen it? Do you realize how mentally hard it is to drive with that thing hooked up in your car? Really hard.
  • Shark week starts at the end of this month and my cable provider is awful, no Discovery Channel, ever.
  • I work in the shipyard and it gets fairly dirty in my everyday outdoor environment. My wife lets me know whenever I rub my nose with my hand and get black snot all over my face, thanks babe.
  • My New Years goal is to run 5 5Ks this year, I am running my second race this month on the 26th. The first was the Chik-Fil-A 5K; I finished 444th and almost puked at the finish line.
  • Running has been a big hobby of mine lately. I wonder if I am the only one who worries about how short their shorts are every time I run. Maybe there should be one of those hands on your side dress code rules for guys shorts.
  • The movie collection at my crib is pretty awesome, one of my friends actually liked the collection so much that they wanted to look at them everywhere they went in my crib. After he came over and left I found movies in my bathroom, bedroom, and even found “Hairspray” in the microwave. That may or may not have been Rob.
  • Speaking of “Cribs”, is that show still on MTV? We do not get that station with our cable provider either. (I miss you Jersey Shore and Sixteen and Pregnant).
  • I should probably speak about “Hairspray” too. Rob gives me a hard time because  own two copies on DVD. That is my wife’s movie, get off. There goes my man card again.
  • Since Rob gave me full reign of his blog, I will admit that I introduced him to my runner’s best friend (Gold Bond Medicated Powder). I read his blog post “Questions Prevent Burning Powder” but he never asked me about it.
Thanks for letting me crash your blog Rob, and if anyone wants to know the winner of this seasons Bachelorette let me know.

7 comments:

  1. Good job with today's guest post. Sounds like you have a lot to teach Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Ryan! I don't know of this snapshot thing you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Chick-fil-A 5K sounds like it should involve eating 5,000 meals instead of running five kilometers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAM! Shark Week is quite possibly my most favorite week of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cribs" is still on TV, but they renamed it "Teen Moms" *rim shot*

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, my apologies on finally being cornered by Rob, I hope you can find a way to live some semblance of a normal life...ha ha!  Regarding running shorts, I say the shorter the better, more surface area on your legs exposed = greater cooling of your legs = better performance (I'm pretty sure Einstein was working on this just after that little E=MCsquared thing), also could have a potentially negative effect on your competitors, if you keep those legs stark white they could potentially be blinded by the glare and thrown off course.  Last but most certainly not least, kudos to you Gold Bond evangelist, more people need to know about that wonderful cooling sensation, but I hope people have learned a valuable lesson from Rob, ask someone else how to apply it BEFORE using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Daniel.

    Monshep - its this thing you hook up in your car and it monitors how you drive. If you do good, you get a discount.

    Burrill - I agree, I ate 3 free sandwiches after the race.

    Dustin - you should DVR the whole thing for a brother

    Russ - classic

    Sirvhim - Gold Bond is man's new best friend

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.