Saturday, July 23, 2011

Double Feature Movie Review: Captain America The First Avenger

This is part 2 of 2  for a double feature movie review.

I'm a big superhero movie fan. Even the ones that aren't that great I often end up owning on video. I talked to a few people before seeing Captain America and they didn't love it. That made me nervous because I was really looking forward to this movie.

I loved Captain America! I thought it was well done, well cast, and the story was well told. Being a fan of the comic I noticed some decent liberties they took with the origin story but I liked what they did. Captain America is the second best of the Marvel Avenger series, behind Iron Man. I thought it was better than the Hulk and Thor the other Avengers that have had films.

Now if you haven't been keeping track Captain America is apart of the Avengers. It includes Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Nick Fury who have all been featured on the big screen. They are all coming together for next summers Avengers. Speaking of the Avengers make sure you stay through the credits to see the hidden scene in this film. It's worth the wait.

Captain America is rated PG-13 for some mild swears and lots of superhero action violence. I give a thumb and a half up. I gave it a thumb and a half up because I might need to see it again to see how much I truly liked it. It's not a perfect film but I enjoyed the mess out of it.
Rob's Rating System =
Two Thumbs Up - A great movie worth paying full price.
One and a Half Thumbs Up - A really good film. It's not ground breaking but it's a fun ride.
One Thumb Up - A decent attempt and worth seeing at a matinee price.
Thumb to the side - An ok film, but wait for video.
Thumb down - A stinker of a film. Don't waste you life seeing it.

Did you see Captain America? What did you think?

7 comments:

  1. Is the half thumb a new feature?  Extra precision is good!  (Don't get too precise, though -- a thumb and 2/5 might be a little overboard.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not new but it's not used a lot. It's just for those movies that I really liked but they were more triples than home runs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Captain America today and really enjoyed it. I would love to see how they made him look so small in the beginning, I heard that it was the same guy, altered with computers.  Crazy, this lady beside us kept blowing her nose, seemed like she would wait for the quietest part and then blow as loud as she could, but just made me laugh. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. You changed your metrics. A half thumb sounds kinda gruesome, but I will get used to it in time. I actually thought the ads on T.V. looked pretty interesting. Again, I will likely see it when it gets to T.V..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the half-thumb.... ingeneous!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.