Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another Mind Dump...
  • "That's hot" was made famous by Paris Hilton. My brother is the first person that I heard say "hot like fire" when talking about something he liked. I often say "that's the hotness." After the heat that we have had this past week I am seriously considering banning all talk of something being hot. That's not a good thing. Hot is bad! Saying things that we like are "cool" has been around for a long time. There is a reason for that. Cool is good. Hot is not.
  • It was so hot that the news was looking at the hospital for people that had died. When it's so hot that you can't breathe and die it's too hot.
  • Whenever I think about something I don't like I often start to think about how people in the west, medieval, or Biblical days had it. I mean if it's awful hot for us with AC then I can't imagine being a cowboy. They wore chaps. Those things look hot. I don't know how the human race is still alive. I don't know how everybody didn't die from the heat.
  • On Monday my twins had surgery to repair hernias. Praise God everything went great. While at the hospital I started wondering what people in western, medieval, and Biblical days did with babies with hernias. I mean we are so blessed to live in the year 2011. My kids had surgery and were released in the same day. They were back to their normal selves that evening.
  • In western days they didn't have AC. They didn't have Woombies...
  • Those things are amazing! They didn't have music makers and sound machines. They didn't have anything that makes our life easier. I still say it's hard raising kids but we have every tool imaginable. I don't know how parents survived back then.
  • I watched an interview with 6 year old Lucy who was bit by a shark last week. She said in the interview that she wasn't mad at the shark anymore because she forgave him. Wow! If a 6 year old can forgive a shark for almost biting off her leg then why can't humans forgive each other?
  • I don't like vegetables. I would like them more if they grew fried.
  • I like blessing people. Most people save a bless you or a God bless you for when someone sneezes. I like to say God bless you after someone coughs, farts, or burps. Whenever I do the person will say, "I didn't sneeze." As if the only reason I can bless someone is when they sneeze. The nerve.
  • My wife likes the show the Bachelorette. I don't. I have however found a way to enjoy it. This week she watched it the day after on DVR and read out loud Knox McCoy's recap post. Knox is brilliantly funny.
  • The other night I was at a stop light and someone jumped out of their car, ran up to my car, and WEC'd me. WEC'd means that someone takes a Waters Edge Magnet and flips it upside down. That was crazy. Funny but crazy.
  • Our country is jacked up when it comes to debt. I watched a hot second of the Presidents speech this week about the national debt. Our government needs to elect Dave Ramsey to get all gazelle intense on the national debt. He'd find a way to get us into financial shape.
  • Do you remember when the President would come on TV and take over the only 3 channels that we had? It was awful as a kid. You had no computer. You had no portable game system. You had nothing to entertain you while the President hijacked the only 3 channels that your TV produced. Thank God for cable.
  • My wife was sent an email with the following subject, "How Twins Are Made." The email had this picture...
  • Someone at church came up to me and said that in the case of my twins it would have to be copy, reduce, and then paste. Reese was born 5 lbs less then Hayden. Four months later and they are still 5 lbs apart. Reese is up to 10 lbs and Hayden is at 15. Reese has come a long way since being born at 3 lbs.
  • Next week my blog will be getting a face lift. There is a chance that on Monday night it might get jacked up. I'm sorry in advance.
Whew...I feel better now.

22 comments:

  1. I would love to see Dave become the Money guy for (hopefully) the next president.  But can you see it?  No, we are not going to borrow money from Outer Mongolia.  Cash only dude. Cash only.  No more credit!   Our government would not know how to run.  I am personally grateful for TMMO.  From $20k in cc debt and numerous others, I now owe only on my house.  it is a good feeling.  Had Chipotle last week.  First time in over a month.  Man, it tasted great!  :)  Glad your twins did well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff today. I like your bullet about blessing people whenever you darn well please. Yeah, the nerve! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "When it's so hot that you can't breathe and die it's too hot" as saying it's too hot when it's so hot you can't die. Then I thought well, there's some truth there, because that sounds like a decent description of hell. And I'm not talking about the town in Michigan.

    Also, sometimes when people sneeze I say "Amen." That's gotten some weird looks. Oddly enough, I got the strangest looks when I said it in a church office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the mind dumps tremendously - always interesting nuggets into the RobShep psychy.  Got a nice chuckle from the how twins are made comment.  I agree with the "someone at church" about Hayden & Reese but my first thought was copy, zipfile, paste.  But what if Reese was first, then it would be copy, unzip, paste & that's just weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Rob - very funny!  My husband like to sneeze or cough and then say TO HIMSELF very LOUDLY - "Bless You!!"  I bet you would get along with him famously :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings in advance on the blog face lift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my coworker always says "God Bless you" when I hiccup and it makes no sense to me. haha. i always say "I didn't sneeze".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, cowboy days right, must have been really tough to blog back then too.

    A hot second of the president's speech, does that mean it was a bad second?

    To make your twins, I think you'd have to add a 'remove' step in there somewhere, you know, for the part the one twin has and the other doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad the kiddos are doing well after the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading about that heat, all I can say is "Bless you."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bill, so glad you got some Chipotle. I ate it last week as well, but it's a weekly thing for me. I think I'd get the shakes if I didn't eat it. I kid, I kid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it. Amen. Doesn't Amen mean "it is finished" or "so be it?" I think that fits a good sneeze.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hayden was born first. And that was a blessing because Reese was breached. He cleared the way for her to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like I would. I sometimes say it to myself at work if no one else will bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks. I hope I don't jack things up beyond repair.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Accept the blessing Lauren. Accept the blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great comment. I laughed at the hot second part. Very funny you are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm pretty positive that I will be saying "God bless you" any time I hear a fart from now on. I'll probably say it when I fart too. I will be one blessed man!

    ReplyDelete
  19. do you know WHY people say bless you when you sneeze? it's cause for that second, you don't breathe, or because the devil may sneak in during your sneeze.

    http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/respiratory/sneezing.htm

    i don't *think* that stuff happens when you fart, or burp.  but, way to bring attention to it when someone does it! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.