Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another Mind Dump...
  • Have you heard Beyonce's latest song? Well, there is a line in the song that says, "You showed your @$* and I saw the real you." The song is about how she broke up with a guy and that she will be the best thing he never had. Let's get back to his butt. She broke up with him because she saw his butt? I wonder if he mooned her.
  • Have you used Crest White Strips? I started using them and they kind of gross me out. While wearing the strips my mouth gets full of saliva, and I don't know what to do with it. Swallow it you say? No says I. There is a chemical attached to my teeth that is strong enough to make them white. The saliva that it creates has to be deadly. Right?
  • I leave for Student Summer Camp next week. Can't wait! I love taking Waters Edge Students to camp. I say this every year but it's my favorite week of the summer.
  • I spoke this past week at Waters Edge. If you'd like to watch the service you can check it out here.
  • I fell down the stairs on Sunday. At my house, we have a really steep flight of stairs. We have lived here for six years and up until Sunday I've never fell. My foot came out from under me, I landed on my butt, and I started sliding. I heard Monica yell, "OH ROB!" I then slid on my butt down the entire flight of stairs. From the top to the very bottom. Monica met me at the bottom and asked if I was okay. I was. It didn't hurt. It gave me a carpet burn on my elbow, but besides that it was a decent ride.
  • Have you voted on the First Annual Blogging All-Star Challenge? It's a fun little competition between me and Ricky Anderson. The winner gets bragging rights for an entire year. Make sure you check out the teams and then vote for the best one...
  • Did you vote for Team Ricky or Team Rob?
  • Ironicmom blogged about the competition here. Matt Cannon blogged about it here. Tyler Tarver blogged about it here. All of them are on Team Ricky. Team Rob was getting monkey stomped until...
  • Jon Acuff tweeted about the contest. My office exploded in excitement when they saw that. There are a lot of Jon Acuff fans on staff at Waters Edge.
  • So what does a Tweet by Jon Acuff about a blog post do for your stats?
  • Jon Acuff for the win!
  • It's summer time and that means that TV shows stink. My wife and I recently got Alias from Netflix. JJ Abrams created it, and I love everything I've seen of his. Watching it right now. Bradley Cooper is in the first episode. Weird to see him on TV.
  • When I woke up yesterday my breath was stinking like Dragon Ball Z...the movie. Some of the guys in my Student Community Group told me that Dragon Ball Z was the worst movie of all time. So that's how bad my breath stank.
  • There have been a lot of really cool self serve frozen yogurt places that have opened in the 757. They are really good!
  • My wife bought me some superhero underwear cause it's cool...right? I haven't owned any since they were called superoos and I was 8 years old. She then shows me an article in a magazine that features do's and don'ts of fashion. Guess what type of underwear was featured?
  • So yesterday I mentioned on the blog that I'm thinking of a tag line. What do you think of Robshep.com - random thoughts by a transparent pastor?
Whew...I feel better now.

31 comments:

  1. I'm taking it that since she bought you the underwear and showed you the article that it was a "do" of fashion.  Or then again...maybe she bought the underwear because it is armor-plated and protects falling pastors and their parts from injury.  I'm just sayin'.  I knew there was a reason I didn't like Beyonce. If that is all it takes for her to dislike me, I am in bad shape.  Trade you one set of braces for Crest White Strips.  Yours will diminish before mine will.  And finally: your tag line?  Too bland for a guy with such an exciting life.  How about: Rob Shep-the real superhero (and I have the underwear to prove it).  Have a great day Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey moley, that page views chart was, well, off the charts. So cool. Thanks for telling me about your skivvies. I want to know in case somebody asks me today. As for your tagline, after a post like this one, you could always go with "transparent thoughts by a random pastor".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were not hurt "Ba'Rumping" down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dumpage :)
    I like the tag line by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill, your comment made me laugh audibly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel, you are ha-larious. Has anyone ever asked you about my underwear before? Oh and I love your tagline for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were not carrying a child when you fell down the stairs... I kept waiting for that part! Nic and I erupted in cheering when we saw the tweet as well. Still thinking on the tag line...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like tagline.  I also like Daniel's version of it. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Voted for Team Rob.. would have voted twice if I had known you also have superhero underware...just saw them come out recently and HAD to buy some. Just hoping as a pastor no one comes up to me and asks if I'm wearing Superman underoos...of course, I'll just tell them I'm keeping up on the latest fashion. For a tag line I was going to suggest Random thoughts by a...look! A Squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deadly saliva from Crest White Strips?  There's a compelling new superhero to be created!  WHITE STRIPS MAN...spitting justice since 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. But is my super power really white teethe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Love the tagline. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Meredith. Oh and I need to talk to you about the blog. I'm making the change soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Rob.  Your random thoughts are...well...random.  You are one of the funniest guys in the blogging world - just wanted you to know.  And I voted for team Ricky - I couldn't help it - there are 4 really funny people on there - and I only know YOUR hilarity on your team.  Don't hate.  It's not personal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No...your super power is crime-stopping saliva.  It just so happens that shockingly white teeth are a side effect of your super power.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cindy, thanks for letting me know. That made my day! And I don't hate. The truth is I wanted every one of his All-Stars on my team. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice bump. Wow, that is nuts. Simply because of a tweet.

    My wife and I just started LOST season 6 last night. We didn't watch it while it was on TV, but over the last year we've slowly watched all the seasons.... about to get crazy with this last season, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are the funniest!! Glamour had the superhero underwear as a don't for men in bathing suits! You are good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a kick in the gut, for sure!

    So did you wash the super undies first?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ricky, that is what actually spurred that question last week. And the answer is heck to the no.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lost is amazing, but it does get crazy. Do you like the show?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like it. Can I have a lasso made out of dental floss?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Of course!  To make it easier, you could refer to your dental floss lasso as a flosso.

    What flavor will your flosso be?

    ReplyDelete
  24. the piece about the fall down the stairs (sorry) literally made me LOL!   thankfully you weren't holding a baby! that's a HUGE fear of mine for myself and for my husband! he's kind of clutzy- my clutziness is spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I get mentioned in the same post as Superhero Underwear? Wow. I'm honoured! Or something...

    By the way, that contest was super-duper fun (do people still say that?). Oh well, I do. Seriously, even though Acuff blew us out of that water with that tweet, it was uber fun. Thanks, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Leanne, it was fun. I can't wait until next year to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  27. No need to appologize. I put it in there to make people laugh. I'm glad it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post - sorry I'm a week late. Couple of things:
    -Superroos??? Weren't they actually called Underoos? Not that I had 3 or 4 pairs or anything.
    -My wife and I used to love Alias, unfortunately by season 3 they stop even pretending to answer any of Sydney's vexing issues and just keep piling on more questions like a Dan Brown novel on steroids.
    -As far as the contest goes, which one are you again Ricky or Rob???

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.