Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In My House We Celebrate The Poo

In my house we celebrate the poo. Now let me explain. Monica and I don't celebrate adult poo. In fact, in my mind Monica doesn't poo. In fact all girls everywhere don't. I think this develops when they start dating boys. You might be wondering what I think Monica does while she's in the bathroom. Well, I think she makes flowers, creates rainbows, and writes symphonies. I don't know any different because I refuse to go any where near the bathroom when my wife is in there. It kills the romance and the thought alone is gag nasty. I digress.

When my twin babies poo Monica and I celebrate with a "yay!" We do this for a couple of reasons. 1. Our son was having difficulty pooing. He went 4 full days without a poo. So when he finally did poo we celebrated. It's kind of stuck ever since. 2. Neither of us enjoy changing pooey diapers. We don't enjoy it but we celebrate it. We celebrate because this is what we asked God for. Okay, we didn't ask for changing diapers, but we did ask to get pregnant. For six years we prayed and now God answered our prayer. We would be foolish to complain about changing diapers after God answered our prayer.

In this life it's easy to be negative. Most people are. It's easy to complain about what we don't have. It's easy to complain about our job. It's easy to complain about other people. It's easy to complain but it is a slap in the face of God when we do.

"Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, ""children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky...""

Stars stand out because they shine. As a Christ Follower we can't shine when we complain and argue. I don't like cleaning the poo but I choose to celebrate it. You may not like your job, your family, or your status in life, but choose to find the good in what you don't like and you will shine. In other words find a way to celebrate the poo and you will stand out from the crowd.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I guess we need to just put our hands around the poo, pull it real close, squeeze, and say i love you. Thanks for this one Robby

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an outside party to this, an observer if you will, you have definitely shined the stars in the sky throughout all of this. From earnest prayers, through tough decisions on what to do, to trusting God, to getting pregnant, to surviving bumps and scares for 9 months, to living out a wonderful example to me. Shine on dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazing what you learn to appreciate and will do as a parent! There is no way to explain it till you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are oh so right about that Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Daniel, your comment made my day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan, you are funny. I'm glad I could guilt you in to leaving another comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stars analogy! Yay poo!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.