Thursday, May 12, 2011

My Very Own Murdoc

I have a Murdoc in my life. Do you remember Murdoc? No not this guy...
That's Murdock and he's from the A-Team. No I'm talking about this guy...


Creepy huh. The Murdoc that I speak of is from MacGyver. Well, just in case you didn't grow up in the late 80's or early 90's and or didn't watch USA in the middle 90's (I feel like MacGyver came on USA 24 hours a day in the middle of the 90's) then let me tell you about Murdoc...

Murdoc was a recurring villain on the TV show MacGyver. He would make at least one appearance every season. Now the thing about Murdoc is that he died in every episode. He was supposed to be some perfect assassin who never failed...until he met MacGyver. He would seem to have the upper hand on MacGyver for the entire episode until at the last minute MacGyver would get the upper hand and Murdoc would die. But we all knew he wasn't really dead.

I feel like I have a Murdoc in my life.  No I don't have someone who attempts to kill me on a regular basis. Instead I have a sin that attacks me on a regular basis. I go for some good time without struggling with this particular sin, but then he shows up and wreaks havoc. I wish I could say that I don't sin, but if I did I'd be a liar. Bible Break: 1 John 1:8 - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. I now return you to our regularly scheduled blog post...

I know that I am forgiven. I know all the right answers. I just wish it wasn't my struggle. I kind of know how MacGyver feels. No matter how much Duct Tape he uses or how sharp his Swiss Army Knife is Murdoc is going to reappear. No matter what I do I will never completely defeat this sin. It will always attack. It will always be a struggle. It will always make a reappearance.

Thank God I am forgiven. Thank God I have more than Duct Tape and a Swiss Army Knife on my side. Thank God I am still loved. Thank God that no matter how many times my Murdoc comes back I will be able to send it back to where it came from.

Does anyone else have a Murdoc out there?

8 comments:

  1. Of course, we all do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh, I have a whole elite trained force of Murdoc ninjas that are always coming at me. They make an appearance way (way way way way way ...) more than once a season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen bro. I am so thankful I serve a forgiving God or I would have been lost a long time ago. Keep a strong faith bro!


    By the way I love MacGyver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that weren't the case, but it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. I missed a lot of MacGyver because we were living in Germany. I had a friend that moved there right before we left and he told me about it. As soon as i got back the states I started watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WOW sorry was that out loud?) Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pleasure. Did you listen to the talk from Sunday yet? Same theme.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.