Thursday, March 17, 2011

Twins: The Sequel


Ever since I saw it in the movie theater I  have liked the movie Twins. Now when I first saw it I loved the thought of loving Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. At the time I was a kid and I wasn't aloud to watch any of his movies. They were all Rated R. I knew who he was and I wanted to love his movies, but Twins was the first one that I saw in the theaters. It had comedy, and a little bit of action. To this day I still appreciate the movie. Now I don't like it enough that I wanted to live it out, but according to the doctor we are about to have Twins: The Sequel. Actually the doctor didn't say that, but I said it after they told me the size difference of our twins and it made the doctor laugh.

We visited the doctor last Friday and she told us that our twins are 3 weeks apart in size. Our son, Hayden, is two weeks ahead of schedule. That a boy! Our daughter, Reese, is 1 week behind schedule. Fashionably late? Thus they are now due three weeks apart. I am still wrapping my head around this.

We asked the doctor if we should be concerned and she said, "there is no need to be concerned unless there is a 25% difference between the twins, and you guys are at 29%." Do what?! Doctors say things so calm, but they forget that we are first time parents. First time parents freak out about everything when it comes to their kid or in my case kids. When we questioned the doctors statement she said that we needed to watch Reese, but there wasn't any serious concern. We now have two doctors appointments this week to check on things.

I am pretty sure there is nothing to worry about.  On the other hand, no offense to Danny Devito, but I don't want a Danny Devito. His character was kind of sketchy in Twins. If you remember to pray for our twins, pray that they are healthy. Also pray for our peace of mind. Like I wrote, we are first time parents and can freak out about anything related to our kids.

15 comments:

  1. I am praying!! Like you said, when it comes to our children, we tend to freak out. I once took Connor, my now 4 year old to his pediatrician and demanded a test to see if he was color blind.....he was 2!! I am so excited to see these little miracles, and CANNOT wait to hold them in the WEC nursery!!! It's normal to be worried, but you know Gods got this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having 2 babies!! So crazy great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob and M (+ H and R), praying for you all. Good luck at the upcoming doctor's appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting--double time. It's a world that freaks you out, wears you out, grows you up, and tears you down while being incredibly delightful, immensely enjoyable, and totally awesome. Did I mention, keeps you on your knees and gives you a deeper understanding of the Father's great love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twins are SO awesome!
    Think of it this way... All that time difference will ultimately mean?
    You may have a few Minutes break BETWEEN changing his & her diapers!
    :) Prayers ~ you've got them!!!

    PS More kids = less freaked out you get !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for God to have his hand on all four of you. To give you peace and rest in this time. God did not give us the spirit of fear, he gave us joy. That is what I want for you, Monica, Hayden and Reese. [virtual hugs]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Amber. Does the less freaked out work with twins or do I have to wait for a third?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can imagine how much I'll be on my knees. I've been praying a ton and they aren't even born yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole, i do know that God has this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have 5 kids with the youngest being 2-years-old. I can tell you that after having 5 it takes quite a bit for us to freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know. Wait does that mean I have to have 5 kids? I am scared of the thought of having 2.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.