Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Help.

Okay, this plea for help is not for anything serious. Now a days I have to be careful because everything my wife and I do gets examined through the lens of our twins being born. Just so you know our twins are doing good. In fact there is a post about them coming tomorrow. But now on to the reason why I need your help.

It's March and that means it's time for March Movie Madness. This is a movie version of the NCAA's March Madness. A great blogger, educlaytion, created the tournament, and I am excited to be a part of it. In round 1 my movie, "The Dark Knight", is up against this guy and his pick "Fight Club." If you love my blog, like my blog, or just don't think it sucks that bad then help me out by clicking here and voting for "The Dark Knight."

Just in case you need some convincing as to why the Dark Knight is great, here are 9 Facts.
  1. Fact: Jack Nicholson was the greatest super hero villain in movie history. Until Heath Ledger played the Joker in the Dark Knight.
  2. Fact: Superhero movies are hard to make good. There are more awful than good…Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, Punisher, Superman IV, Batman & Robin = stink!
  3. Fact: The Dark Knight is not only the greatest superhero movie of all time it’s so good even people who don’t like superhero movies like it.
  4. Fact: The Dark Knight is the third highest grossing movie of all time.
  5. Fact: The Dark Knight is one of the all time greatest sequels ever. It is up there with Temple of Doom, Empire Strikes Back, and Terminator 2.
  6. Fact: Heath Ledger won an Academy Award for his take on the Joker.
  7. Fact: When you compare The Dark Knight to the awful movie Batman and Robin it makes you appreciate The Dark Knight that much more.
  8. Fact: The Dark Knight is the first Batman movie to not feature the name Batman.
  9. Fact: Christian Bale sounds funny when he talks like Batman and has inspired this ha-larious parody.

14 comments:

  1. The Dark Knight, kind of a redundant title, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, against all of my better judgement, given that I have never seen Dark Knight and that Fight Club is easily in my top 10 best movies of all time, I voted for you. The Baptist in me must align himself with his pastor no matter what the cost. Just kidding about the Baptist stuff!! You deserve the win! Hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you meant awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop what you are doing and go see the Dark Knight. Thanks for the vote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A)I know a guy who acted in fight club...he went to my last church...we also had a guy who was Dumb and Dumber
    B)I love the Punisher movie
    C)Dark Knight doesn't put me to sleep so i voted for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love The Dark Knight--made my dad and brother go to the 12:30am showing the day it came out. My dad was a little aggravated that he was the oldest person in the theater by at least 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to the midnight showing as well. There were people dressesed in costumes. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does this guy live in the 757?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes they do. Both go to crossroads church in norfolk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually am not a fan of Fight Club, too many pycho-drama-unexpected-twists movies out during that period. The scene where The Joker makes the pencil disappear is an all-time bad guy moment! All that said, I would have voted for The Dark Knight regardless who was advocating for it and I am even more glad it was for you. Go Rob Go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ERRONEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    THE DARK KNIGHT KILLED MY HAMSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ALL CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How. Dare. You. Sir...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry Tyler. I may just be a lil too competitive and when I saw your post I had to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you win? I voted for you. Did you call everyone you knew?

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.