Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm Afraid

Maybe it's because I'm naive but I don't fear a lot of things that I hear other people fear. I hear some people talk about being afraid of dying, the economy, clowns, terrorist attacks, sharks, flying on airplanes, and speaking in public.  Now I am not saying that I live without fear. I just don't fear some of the same things that a lot of other people do. I am afraid of...
  • Porta Potties. The look inside plus the smell is gag nasty.
  • Cottage Cheese. It just looks like old lumpy milk.
  • Lima Beans. I have shared this before but I've never eaten a lima bean. I have seen my sister choke down some in order to get dessert from my parents. Right before my first bite she puked back into her plate a green substance that looked like something out of The Exorcist. That was all I needed to see to know that I don't want to eat those things.
  • Other people's babies. I am afraid of all babies, but with my own I won't feel the same level of anxiety holding them. When they aren't mine I'm afraid I'll drop em.
  • Cats. I am not afraid of cats like some people are afraid of snakes. I don't see one and scream, but they kind of creep me out. When a cat jumps up on the couch behind me I get a little scared.
  • Going bald. I am afraid of going bald. I don't have a good bald head. I have a speed bump on the back of my head. I am trying hard to hold on to what I have because I am afraid of losing my last few remaining hairs. Hold on guys hold on!
  • Talking to people when I have bad breath. It happens...bad breath that is. I am very aware that it happens and I get afraid of talking to people when I think my breath stank and I don't have a breath mint or gum.
  • People walking in when I am using a public bathroom. Everyone uses the bathroom but it really should be a private matter.
So that's my list. What are you afraid of?

7 comments:

  1. Me, strangely I'm afraid of listing what I am afraid of on some else's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not accomplishing what God has set out for me to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snakes & you dying before me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An airplane crash where I survive, end up stranded alone and talking to a volley-ball. That and drowning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noise. I think I fear noise like some people fear silence. Many embrace and applaud loud, unpleasant, boisterous, noise like a psychedelic drug that provides escape from reality and a euphoric high, but I retreat from it. It scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justin Beiber being #1 song on iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stinking so bad that I can smell myself.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.