Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Am

I am...
  • incredibly impatient.
  • pretty selfish. I don't want to be but I am.
  • I get angry at other drivers. I often yell "JACK HOLE" when someone does something I don't like. It's my way of not saying a cuss word. It's the first part of one cuss word minus the curse word plus the second part of a different curse word minus the curse word. I'm not proud.
  • addicted to technology.
  • grumpy when I'm tired.
  • ashamed at how frustrated I can get at the people I love.
  • way too sensitive.
  • often distracted and not in the moment.
  • stubborn.
  • always right. At least that's the way I act. I know it's bad.
  • overweight.
  • a slacker. I have some goals that I haven't met and all I have to show for it are lame excuses.
  • shy around people I don't know. I have a hard time being myself because I am afraid of how I will get judged.
Thank God for I AM.

Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Because I know I AM I am...
  • forgiven
  • learning to put others first.
  • convicted about getting angry.
  • saved by grace. I don't have to work to get God to love me.
  • learning to be myself no matter who I am with.
  • finding my identity in I AM.
  • a way better husband. He calls me to love my wife like He loved me. I am thankful that she's patient and that I AM is making me better.
  • confident that I don't know it all.
  • a work in progress.
  • loved.
  • accepted.
  • passionate about Him.
  • reminded at just how much I need I AM.

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful thing to read to start my day. Great reminders. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I ran across your photos of the babies and found your blog. Awesome..Congratulations and I am also a work in progress who loves I AM...Beautiful, can't wait to continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rcknrob53, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.