Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So I Met Rev. Run

Last week I got to meet Rev. Run. I posted a pic of it on Facebook, but now here's the story of what went down.

I am a BIG Rev. Run fan. As a kid I fell in love with Run DMC. As an adult I fell in love with Run's House. Rev. Run's reality TV show is this generations Cosby show. Rev. Run is one of my favorites to follow on Twitter. In other words I am a big fan.

I was at a conference where Rev. Run was interviewed. I don't often set lofty goals, but my one goal for all of last week was to meet Rev. Run.

He got done with his interview on the main stage and was quickly ushered backstage for a web interview. I stalked waited patiently for him to get done all the while hoping for a chance to meet him. When he got done with the web interview he was quickly ushered away and I thought my chances of meeting him disappeared like Vanilla Ice's rap career.

I then went down a hallway on my way to find a beverage. I was hoping to find a Mt. Dew. On my way to find my beverage I saw one of the singers from the conference who just happened to be stalking waiting for Rev. Run to finish a video interview. After waiting 15 minutes they finally wrapped up the interview and opened the door. The fellow stalker I was waiting with quickly ran into the room. I didn't have an All Access pass. I only had a Special Guest pass. In other words I didn't think I had permission to be in this room. One of the staff of the conference quickly said "lets keep this door closed I don't want anyone else coming in here. I quickly walked out of the room because I was afraid I was going to get in trouble.

I waited in the hallway and once again thought that my chance to meet Rev. Run disappeared like MC Hammer pants. Finally everyone left the room and it was just Rev. Run, his manager, and his host for the conference. I went back into the room, asked him a question about Twitter and then asked, "could I bother you for a picture." He replied, "no bother at all." Little did he know.

The host that took my picture with the camera on my phone needed a couple of attempts to get it right. The first picture looked like this...
Now who would believe that this was actually Rev. Run? I asked for a second picture and he was kind enough to take one more.

Now this pic was a little blurry, but I wasn't going to test my luck and ask for a third pic. Rev. looks either hardcore or upset in this pic. I hope he isn't upset with the fact that I had to get a redo with my picture.

7 comments:

  1. Way to be persistent in your pursuit, Stalker Rob! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like photoshop to me. (Smiles) Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot...that is awesome man...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience and Persistance pays off! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew 7:7 in a while new light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited when I found out this happened!! I thought there were three pictures though? Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.