Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with random thoughts. It's time to free up some space with another Mind Dump...


  • If our twins haven't made their appearance into this world by April 12 then my wife will have a c-section on April 12. They say that most twins come a month early. That was yesterday for us. So basically they could come at any second.
  • So on Saturday night Supermoon appeared. After viewing the supermoon I tweeted the following..."I think special effects and superheroes have affected my ability to be impressed by supermoon. All it does is sit there and look normal." I must have looked at the wrong time because it didn't look any bigger then normal. Did you see supermoon? If so was it super?
  • Twitter has a trending feature that shows you the popular things that people are tweeting about. It's why you will see people put a # before a word or sentence. They are either contributing to the trending topic or trying to make something trend on Twitter.
  • So Rebecca Black became a trending topic over the weekend. She became a trending topic because she has made, what many are dubbing, the worst music video ever created. Many are wondering if it is even a serious attempt at a video or if it's a parody.
  • If you think that video was bad you should check out this one. I saw this on Tyler Stanton's blog and it made me laugh.
  • I tried to go jogging on Friday and I could only do 2 1/2 miles. For some reason I couldn't get past the mental block. On Saturday I jogged 5 miles. What was the difference? I jogged with friends. This is just another sign of how I need other people.
  • Speaking of jogging...some friends at church bought me a GREAT shirt to run in. It says, and I quote, "Running Sucks." It's my first official running shirt. It's made out of running shirt material and is made by Nike. Love it!
  • Did you fill out a bracket for the NCAA tournament? I did not. I like to fill out my brackets after each round. That way I can say I picked all the upsets. I kid I kid.
  • Speaking of tournaments I am in the March Movie Madness Tournament over at educlaytion.com. I won round one and now it's time for round number 2. For this round my pick of the Dark Knight is up against Apollo 13. I'd love to have your support to try to win another round.
  • Speaking of March Movie Madness I think I created an enemy with my round 1 victory. I was up against Tyler Tarver (who is a very funny blogger and I mean this in the most heterosexual way possible...a really good looking guy). His pick of Fight Club was up against my pick of The Dark Knight. After I won he tweeted "@robshep." So I tweeted back "@tylertarver." He then tweeted "Shun off. I am shunning you. Shun on." I'd like to win him over with my niceness. If you can make time click over to his site  and say something nice to him in the comment section. Then tell him robshep.com sent you. I'd like to get at least 10 + positive comments on his blog. Let me know if you were able to help me out.
  • I had some Big Daddy's Kettle Corn over the weekend. If you live in the 757 and you ever see their stand then you should buy some. It's a bunch of yummy goodness.
  • Have you noticed all of the commercial sequels? I guess these have been around for a while but it seems like there have been some commercials that have made one too many sequels. Just in case you don't know what I am talking about...A commercial sequel is when a commercial takes an idea and uses it over and over again. For example the "State Farm" commercial where they sing a jingle and then get a bunch of stuff. The first handful of these commercials were entertaining but I feel like they have made one too many.  For another example look at the Miller Lite series where a girl bartender asks if a guy wants more taste or less taste. When he says he doesn't care they say something about the guy wearing skinny jeans, or wearing sunglasses inside.
  • Sunday was my nephew, Connor's, birthday. It's hard to believe he is now 1. I am so excited that our twins will be able to grow up with their nephew.
Whew...I feel better now.

14 comments:

  1. I love the mind dumps, Rob... also liked the skillz video from Tyler Tarver; left a comment there thanking you for the link ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely mind dump. Two comments. 1). Supermoon looked like regular moon, but that may be just what he wants us to think. 2). I saw Ironman for the first time on T.V. the other night. Awesome. Maybe there is hope for me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel, I am so proud of you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the supermoon showed it's powers as it was exiting...my dad work night shift and he said around 5ish am it was massive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I did think that when I went to work (6:30 AM) that the moon looked bigger, but I was too tired to tweet about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Devin, thanks for the comment and me too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is funny!

    You know, I do these mind dumps too every other Thursday on my blog. They're called Pleasantly Disturbed Thursdays and the point is you write everything that comes to your mind in 15 minutes.

    I'd love for you to join up this coming thursday! Post the link to this post. It's a carnival of disturbedness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duane, will do. Thanks for stopping by. How'd you find my site?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your site because you posted on another site I read.

    I can't remember what it was.

    I just thought "mind dump" sounded entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Duane, cool deal. I look forward to seeing your site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mind dump. I recently begged Monica to let me take pictures of your kids...so I'm even more excited for their arrival. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had to lose, I'm glad I lost to you, and by that, I wish I had not lost.

    But I did love the Dark Knight.

    I didn't capitalize "The", but it's too late now cause you've already read it.

    You're good people, we should share cheesedip sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.