Thursday, September 18, 2008

Corn Hole

For those you following robshep.com...you know that this week the Directors at WEC were on a planning Off Site where we worked our butts off, but also played a lot of corn hole. One night I made the comment that we should challenge another church staff and Stu bit on it right away. He said we should challenge Mark Batterson (author of In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day, blogger, and pastor of NCC in DC) and his staff at NCC. Now one thing that our staff knows from reading Mark's blog is that he plays a lot of corn hole. This is a risky move on our part because our staff played for the first time circa Monday.



Here's the deal...currently we are in a series at WEC called Risk. I think this series has inspired me because I did what I probably wouldn't have done a year ago. I emailed Mark and made the challenge.



Right now final dates are being set for the staff of Waters Edge vs. NCC staff in a corn hole battle extravaganza. That's right Mark accepted the challenge and we are going to make the trek to DC play corn hole and then pick the brains of the NCC staff. I can't wait!



If you would like to read about my last interaction with Mark Batterson click here.

2 comments:

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.