Sunday, September 14, 2008

dc Talk



dc Talk is my favorite band of all time! I first heard them when I was in 6th grade and they were instantly my favorite band. They put out five full length albums, one live album, one remix album, and for some weird reason they put out two greatest hits albums. They took a break (according to them they didn't break up...they are just on an intermission) a few years ago to pursue solo careers.


dc Talk is the biggest selling band in Christian music history. Their biggest album was Jesus Freak and it went double platinum (2 million copies sold).


Here's the deal...they have been gone for so long there are whole throngs of people who don't have a fat clue who they are. They are basically a pop/rock/rap band...except there is nothing basic about them unless you count writing really catchy songs.


Do you remember dc Talk? If so what is your favorite dc Talk song? If not here is a list of my all time favorites and what album they were from.


  1. So Help Me God - Jesus Freak

  2. Jesus Is Just Alright - Free at Last

  3. Supernatural - Supernatural

  4. Colored People - Jesus Freak

  5. Say the Words (Now) - Intermission The Greatest Hits

  6. Time Is... - Free at Last

  7. Dive - Supernatural

  8. In The Light - Jesus Freak

  9. Consume Me - Supernatural

  10. My Will - Intermission The Greatest Hits

  11. Since I Met You - Supernatural

  12. What If I Stumble - Jesus Freak

  13. My Friend (So Long) - Supernatural

  14. Between You and Me - Jesus Freak

  15. Into Jesus - Supernatural

  16. Luv Is A Verb - Free at Last

  17. Hardway (Remix) - Intermission The Greatest Hits

  18. Jesus Freak - Jesus Freak

2 comments:

  1. tough call... Jesus Freak, In The Light, and Supernatural will always be up there on my list... but I always loved "Like It, Love It, Need It" from the Jesus Freak album

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Light is a great song... Time is... for nostalgic reasons, but what made DC Talk great and Christian music palatable is the wildly successful Jesus Freak and so it has to be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.