Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Guest Blogger: Stu Hodges

This week I'm with Rob and our other Staff Directors at our Director's Off site in Williamsburg. There's something about being with this team that just rejuvenates me. It's crazy because we're basically meeting for 10 hours or more a day...talking details, strategy, big picture stuff and even though I'm dog tired and mentally drained, I'm so stoked and so in love with our church and our team! Seriously, we are about to enter into some big time exciting days and we have the most talented team of men and women leading us! In addition to all the work, we've had some serious fun as well. Here are few personal highlights from our trip:
- At the Chinese buffet tonight, the staff surprised me by having the waitresses all sing "happy birthday" to me. It's not my birthday!
- Rob constantly asking ..."how much $ for you to eat that?"
- We took a little break yesterday and went go-carting! I dominated 1 round and almost got kicked out of the place the 2nd round.
- We have played some serious cornhole during our breaks. I'm talking HOURS of cornhole.
- We have made some great strategic changes and decisions. Can't wait to see the impact!
By the way and for the record - I love Rob Shepherd. Don't you?

3 comments:

  1. You guys are having way too much fun, and I applaud you for taking this time. I've always felt that learning and creativity are enhanced by change of environment, relaxing, and laughing. I notice Mark Batterson also takes a personal six weeks or so sabbatical just to re-charge, be with his family, and come back with "fire in his bones".
    I really admire that kind of courage and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a follow-up to Stu's comment, yes I love Rob Shepherd, too. He's the kind of "wicked awesome", creative, intelligent, fun-loving guy a mom can be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I just love Rob. He is one of my favorite guys!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.