Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 Years ago today...

7 Years ago today...
  • My marriage was a little over a month old.
  • I was working at Liberty Baptist Church.
  • I still had one college class left to take. I crammed 4 years of college into 6 (working full time at a church will do that to you).
  • My favorite band was dc talk.
  • I had never heard of Chipotle...my favorite restaurant!
  • I wore a suit to church.
  • I was at the Dr. because I was urinating blood and they didn't know why.
  • I was feeling sorry for myself because the Dr. was poking and prodding me in ways no grown man should experience. I still shudder when I think about it.
  • I heard an announcement over the loud speaker at the Dr. that the World Trade Center was hit by a plane.
  • By the time I got to work they announced it was a terrorist attack and the the Pentagon was attacked as well.
  • I watched on TV as the World Trade Center buildings fell.
  • Everyone was sent home from work to spend time with their family.
  • I ate Taco Bell for lunch and had the Chicken Quesadilla for the first time.
  • Jamey Menser and I watched the news for hours.
  • At the end of the day I didn't feel so sorry for myself. God taught me a lesson that day that every day is a gift from Him. Even when things aren't going my way I should be thankful for the life God gives me.
  • They never found out why I was urinating blood. I think I experienced a miracle because I haven't since.
  • Today I'm thankful for my country! I love America! 9/11 was a horrible day in the history of America, but it every year the anniversary comes around it makes me thank God for the country we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.