Monday, September 8, 2008

What do you value

What do you value most in life? This isn't a profound thought but I believe that what we spend our time doing shows us what we truly value in life.

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself what you truly value. Your time will tell you. What did you spend the majority of your time doing over the weekend? How do you spend your free time? How much TV do you watch? When was the last time you did something nice for your spouse or for a friend? Do you show up on time for work? We all are busy, but if you are honest with your self then you will see what you value most in life simply by looking at what you do with your time.

It's amazing to me how many people will say they just don't have time to read the Bible or pray. I believe that it's not that a person doesn't have time it's just that spending time with God is not valuable to them. Everybody makes time for God when a crisis happens or when we need something from God, but what about spending time with God when you don't need anything? What about spending time with God just to spend time with God? All of us make time to do what we value. Think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Good blog. I'm fond of saying that as Americans we have time and money for whatever we really want to have time and money for. Lack of either is only an excuse... I make it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with dp. Also, I have noticed lately that I spend too much time on my computer. It has been in the shop for 2 weeks and I have been going crazy at times! I feel so disconnected from the world! Anyway, I know we have to CHOOSE to make time for the things we value. I try to do it. I know I could be better.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.