Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fiber One


Every once in a while I see a commercial or read an article about something that I'm not doing that I should be doing. When this happens I get on a kick for a few weeks until I either forget the reason why I'm doing it or I don't feel the same sense of urgency.


A while ago I heard that most Americans don't get enough fiber in their diet. Apparently fiber can reduce the potential of heart disease, it can help with weight management or weight loss, and it helps in improvements in gastrointestinal health.


So Monica and I bought some Fiber One bars to help get some fiber into our diet. A Fiber One bar contains 35% of the fiber you should eat, and it tastes pretty good.

These things should come with a warning! Fiber makes you fart like a whoopee cushion. I'm not trying to gross anyone out but I was unprepared for the attack of gas the Fiber One bar brought on my body. The good news is it doesn't stink...the bad news is it hits all day and it's loud. I am now only eating Fiber One bars on days when I don't have meetings.

2 comments:

  1. Everybody poots, Rob. But I am sure that your so-workers appreciate you not pooting in meetings, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.