Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rob's Rant

The movie "Home Alone 2" is not a horrible sequel. It's not as good as the first one but it made me laugh. For some reason this movie is played on TV at least once a month every month of the year. Does this bother anyone else? If it is Christmas time then I understand playing this movie, but I've seen it on TV in July.

The local radio station that I listen to plays the songs "The Boys of Summer" and "Cruel Summer" throughout the year. I heard both of these songs in December.

Maybe it's just me but I believe that summer songs should be played in the summer and Christmas movies should be played around Christmas.

Rant over.

6 comments:

  1. I semi-agree. I find it mildly entertaining when Home Alone 2 is on and sometimes I get sucked into watching it. I have no problem with summer songs in winter b/c it gives me hope that summer will be here soon. LFO's song about summer is one of my favorites, as well as DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince "Summertime". I can't wait until summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea and people with the last name Sheppard should only be sheppards...errr...wait a second!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, I agree. Where do I sign the petition?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I with monshep on this one.

    summa, summa, summa-time, ooo summatime!

    (That was me singing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. first off, thank you; i'm glad it was read

    second - ha. in these instances i grab the remote and change the channel or switch the radio station. the hit "summer love" just does not resonate the same when the wind chill is -15 compared to 80 on a sunny trip to the beach. same with Christmas in July. I'm glad we live in the northern hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott, first off it's Shepherd. Second you are silly.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.