Friday, March 6, 2009

The Truth Part One

The truth is way too many people lie.

This fact causes most of us to not trust others. Whether it's car dealers, pastors, or politicians most of us are skeptical when it comes to people telling the truth. In fact a new person has to earn our trust before we will give it. People lie to make a story better. People lie to get out of trouble. People lie and don't think about the fact that they just lied.

A student once lied to me while we were hanging out. He said that George Lucas was currently making three new Star Wars movies. I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly. I try to keep up with movie and pop culture news. If that was true I think I would know about it. The dumb thing is that he lied about something that was pointless. He should have thought about the fact that even if I hadn't heard the news I could easily go home and search the Internet and find out if there was any truth to what he said. When I called him on it he stuck by his story and told more lies.

It just seems like everyone is lying. How do teach someone not to lie? To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.