Sunday, March 22, 2009

Movie Review - Duplicity

Duplicity, the new movie starring Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Duplicity is kind of a spy drama. I say kind of because the spying doesn't involve car chases, explosions, nifty gadgets, or a plot to take over the world. Julia and Clive play former spies who have decided to work together to dupe two major companies.

The movie goes back and forth only allowing you to see bits and pieces of what is really going on. It was really cool at first but thirty minutes into the movie I was bored. The actors are great and it has a somewhat interesting plot, but at the end of the film I thought...that was it. It has a similar feeling to The Mexican also starring Julia. It's similar because I wanted to like it but I don't. I give it one thumb to the side.

Rob's Rating System: Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.
One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD.

3 comments:

  1. Rob,

    I need more degrees of rateage. I move for the system to change and implement a thumbs 45 degrees up and a thumbs 45 degrees down. It would allow for a more dynamic review system which would give me a better feel for movies.

    Very Respectfully,

    //SIGNED//
    C4C Timothy P Dominice
    United States Air Force Academy
    Cadet Squadron 16 - Proud Chickenhawks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Duplicity was based on a good plot, some creativity, and good acting, but a lot could have been cut. It did not sustain interest. I sort of liked the outcome, but the ending was flat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer, I hoped it was a good one and wanted to see it

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.