Monday, March 9, 2009

Randomness

So I have a bunch of random thoughts that I have to get out of my head.
  • My body hates Daylight Saving Time! I don't know what the deal is but yesterday I felt like I could close my eyes and fall asleep at any point in the day. I woke up today and I don't feel any better.
  • Jake Miller, Director of Preschoolers and Kids at WEC, hurt himself playing basketball. You can read about it here. For some reason all day long people at church were blaming me. I didn't do it!
  • Twitter is taking over the world. It was featured in Entertainment Weekly, and other news programs this week. Apparently it's the new Facebook.
  • Speaking of Twitter, my mom recently signed up for it and started following me. How cool is that!
  • Continuing the Twitter theme...Terrace Crawford is a networking ninja. I met him through the blog world and now he is a local youth pastor at Crossroads Community Church. I went to his Twitter page and he has 1,612 followers. I have 54.
  • My wife and I are going on a date this week. We are going to eat pizza at Marcos and then go see Tyler Perry's Madea Goes To Jail.
  • My friend has agreed to make robshep.com look more pretty. I can't wait to see the changes.
  • Monica, my wife, surprised me with the new U2 album. I like it. I don't feel like it has any anthems on it like most of there albums have, but it is a solid album.
  • Waters Edge Church was sick yesterday! When I say sick I mean wicked AWESOME! I feel like God spoke to a lot of people yesterday. The music was phenomenal. The band covered the Fray's You Found Me, and we did a drama throughout the song. It was powerful. Lead pastor Stu Hodges was on his A game. His talk was on not allowing pain and suffering to destroy you. He hit it out of the park. You can listen to the talk here.
  • I ate a Big Jack Daddy Burger at Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday. I went there with some of the students from my Student Community Group. It was a great burger but I haven't been hungry since. I think the burger clones it's self as I digest it. I'm serious. I had a Slim-Fast for dinner and another one for breakfast the next morning because I was still full.

Whew, it feels good to get all that randomness out of my system.

9 comments:

  1. I'm scared to even look at twitter. I'm just now really starting to use facebook. Rob...is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. twitter is awesome. everybody should get on board. rob... you need to learn how to use twitter correctly, though.

    and my knee injury... totally your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you feel better. Randomness is the kind thing that if you don't get it out of your system, you will swell up like the Michelin man. It will eventually get so bad that your own family won't recognize you and young children will be inclined to poke at you with a sharp stick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I lead you astray with the Big Jack Daddy? I think it's punch yo momma good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, Twitter is good. It's easier than Facebook because you can update using your phone. I like it.

    Jake, no comment.

    DP, you did not lead me astray. That burger is amazing. I liked it. I just wish I would get hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love randomness!

    I feel full reading about that burger!

    And I do not twitter, I have nothing against it, but I will say that I like people's business so much that Twitter gives me another forum to read other people's business!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my comment from yesterday obviously did not post, sorry. love the randomness, almost as much as BWW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dan and I share that burger! You should stop practicing your ninja moves on coworkers! I also loved Sunday's service. I never have looked at twitter, but I see that people update facebook via twitter. I don't really like the name. It's too flighty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm, you are probably not to blame for Jake's knee but you were there...

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.