Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with thoughts. The following is a massive mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...
  • Today is Bright Beginnings. Each year the YMCA pays for kids in need to go shopping at Wal-Mart. Each kid gets $120 for back to school clothes. This is the WEC staff's third year participating. 
  • This year my dad made a movie. He has started a local production company with two other guys called Shoestring Productions. Their first movie is called "Push Came to Shove." Their movie made it's premiere at the Kimball Theater in Williamsburg.
  • I'm hoping that my dad gets a big part in a movie or commercial soon.  He's been acting for years.  You can spot him in "Evan Almighty," "Clear and Present Danger," Flags of Our Fathers," and "Major Payne" to name a few. Or maybe you saw his Hardees commercial. His big line was "When my tummy's happy I'm happy."
  • I hurt my finger on Easter Sunday. I was racing a friend up a gigantor set of stairs and I jammed my finger against a block connected to the railing.  I skinned it bad, and it hurt like a MOTHER! I probably should have gone to the doc but I didn't. Today it feels fine except for when I move it in certain directions. Then the pain screams at me.
  • Are you still pregnant? My wife, Monica, has been asked that question by multiple people. The answer is yes, as far as we know.  The date for Monica's ultra sound has been pushed up to September 9th or 10th. It was scheduled for the 15th because our doc was on vacation. Monica called and asked if we could see someone else, so we didn't have to wait as long. We are trying hard not to live scared, but we really would love the reassurance of an ultra sound. When we first were pregnant 3 years ago it was at the ultra sound appointment that we found out that we lost the baby. I think we will both feel better once this appointment happens.
  • I'm in a dc Talk phase right now. I've been listening to their albums "Jesus Freak," and "Supernatural." I also pulled out their live concert VHS tape called "Welcome to the Freak Show." It's bringing back some old memories. dc Talk was my favorite band from 5th grade through college. They took a break to pursue solo careers and well...that was 10 years ago. I'd love for them to get back together.
  • Putting contacts in your eyes is an unnatural thing to do.  I was recently reminded of this when my friend, Dan Peters, bought contacts for the first time.  It's taking him a while to get used to putting his finger in his eye. When I first got contacts it was about a 20 minute process to get them in my eyes. I also had the help of two other people, my wife and grandma. I'm not really sure what they did or how they helped but they were in there coaching me.  Stick with it Dan it will become natural before too long.
  • I love Chipotle.
  • This Wednesday I'm hosting a 6th Grade Meet and Greet. It's for upcoming 6th grade students and their parents at Waters Edge. I'm excited to meet the new sixth graders.
  • If you like pizza vote on the new poll at robshep.com.
  • My wife and I went to a local Mexican restaurant last night. It's called Plaza Azteca and it's a staple eatery in the 757. My wife made me laugh when after our waiter took our order she said, "you know I think their English is getting better at Plaza." 
  • We finished watching the Emmy's last night. I like having DVR. I thought the Emmy's were good. I really like Jimmy Fallon as a host.
  • This past Sunday at Waters Edge 256 new people became volunteers. Wow!
  • I wish Chick-fil-A ran all businesses. I recently was reminded about how bad customer service is at other places. I'll just say that the employees at Movie Stop have never heard of customer service. Boo on them I say...boo.
Whew...I feel better now.

5 comments:

  1. That was the best blog entry I have EVER READ! Wow Rob you really have something here...oh and I love Chipotle too!

    See you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the varied list today. With all of this rattlin' around in the ol' bean, it will be amazing if you can get any work done today! Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st - I don't know that it's worth wearing contacts if I have to touch my eye.

    2nd - When are we going to see your dad's movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ate at Plaza yesterday too...the one over by CNU. And, I can tell you that no, their English is not getting better! Maybe it depends on location?

    I agree w/ CFA running the world. Then everything would be closed on Sunday too! We'd be forced into a day of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jennifer. How long have you been reading robshep.com?

    Daniel, you are telling me.

    Dp, you'll get used to it. Just don't give up.

    Toni, it was the one on Jefferson. Maybe it was just there.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.