Monday, August 16, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a massive mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...
  • My birthday was Saturday. I love celebrating my birthday. It included some great gifts and three (count em) three birthday dinners. That's a lot of birthday food.
  • I felt very loved from all the Facebook comments wishing me a Happy Birthday. I also felt very loved from a blog my wife wrote on my birthday. She's the best!
  • I share a birthday with my pastor, Stu Hodges. I also share a birthday with my brother's mother in law (Vana), my all time favorite basketball player Magic Johnson, Steve Martin, and Tim Tebow.  I always like knowing who else was born on my birthday.
  • My wife, Monica, and me have a good friend named Shima. She's wicked awesome.  She lives in LA and has a connection to Ewan Mcgregor (Obi Wan Kenobi from Star Wars Episode I - III) and sent me an autographed picture. How cool is that? She also sent us a copy of his reality TV show called Long Way Down and Long Way Around. It's pretty fascinating. Ewan and his best friend take a motorcycle journey around the world.
  • The Jersey Shore is back. Are you a fan?
  • Our most recent hire at Waters Edge Church had a family member die.  Death is always sad, but death when it is unexpected and for someone young is even more sad. A lot of times in situations like this I've found the best thing that you can do is just be there and listen. I want to do more, but besides grieving with them and praying there is not a lot you can do.
  • This week I'm on vacation. It's more of a staycation this year. We are going to spend a few days at Monica's parents river house, but besides that we are staying home. With spending so much money on IVF we didn't feel right spending money on a vacation.
  • Speaking of IVF we find out this coming Friday if we are pregnant. No matter what happens we will thank God.
  • I went to the dermatologist last week. I had a very small spot on my forearm that Monica wanted me to get checked out.  Now I've never been the dermatologist so I didn't know what to expect. What I didn't expect was that he would start picking through my hair like he was an ape. He asked if there was anything else he could help me with besides the spot on my arm? Since he looked at my hair I thought I'd through out there the following..."since you asked you don't have an miracles for balding men do you?" He gave me a prescription for Propecia.  He said that it would work for my hair but that some guys have some "side effects like erectile dysfunction, impotence, low libido." I'm not sure keeping my hair is worth the risk.
  • Now when they finally got to the spot on my arm they bent a needle (read that again...I didn't have a fat clue what they were doing with the bent needle), stuck it in my arm, made the spot swell awkwardly big, and then chopped it off with a cigar cutter.  They left a huge crater on my arm. The kicker is that he said they would mail me the results. In this day in age you'd think they could at least shoot me an email.
  • I really like Tyler Stanton's blog. He's very funny. Click here if you'd like to check it out.
Whew...I fell better now.

2 comments:

  1. Church was great yesterday, but it did seem a little quiet without you guys there. Friday is my daughters 2nd birthday, so its a good day! I will continue to pray! As for being a fan of the Jersey Shore, negative! That show is ridiculous! I watch a ton of crap TV, and even the JS is too much for me! Enjoy your staycation, we did that last year and had a blast! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great week off and can find some time to laugh, love, and find some peace and perspective. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.