Tuesday, August 10, 2010

They didn't tell me I got to wear a costume

On Saturday morning the wife and I went to the Jones Institute for our final step in the IVF process.  The final step was implanting two embryos into Monica.  The whole process took about 2 hours and ten minutes. Ten minutes for the procedure, and two hours of waiting.  One of those hours was required after the procedure. The first hour...well we weren't really sure what was going on during that first hour. 

They dropped off two costumes and said that we both had to wear them.  They then told us that I could bring a camera in to take a picture of the two embryos.  While we waited we decided to kill some time with a photo shoot. Nobody told me I got to wear a costume, so I thought I might as well dress up and take some pics. Enjoy.
Pictured Above: Rob in his IVF costume
Pictured Above: I got to wear booties.

Pictured Above: Monica rock'n her costume.
Pictured Above: Rob making his blue steel (from Zoolander) pose.

Pictured Above: More posing for the camera.
Pictured Above: Lord willing this will be the first picture of our kid or kids.

18 comments:

  1. You look like me every time I have to go into the clean room at work. By the way, your two kids look just like you. You must be so proud. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if monica has to have a c-section with those cuties, you'll get to wear the costume again! and wait for another hour or so! praying for those 2 to be the beginning of a very blessed flock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good sense of humor--an essential for parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot. you totally need to rock that at WEC...maybe an ER series...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seriously wondering what you 2 would have done on your hour wait without a costume? It seems it was a much needed diversion. And, those aren't the cutest baby pictures I've ever seen but I think they might be the picture of the smallest babies I've ever seen. Praying for those 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those cute little embies :) May they have the style and sense of humor of their Father and the good looks and kindness of their Mother! Best of luck, Rob and Monica! It's a long road, but the payoff is fantastic! I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the pictures of the embryos! So cool! Praying for the flock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eden said, "Oh my, I hope they turn into twins. I want them to be girls. Maybe they could name them Charlotte and Daphne." Addy Lin said, "I want them to be boys. They should name them Woody and Hamm." Well.... just a few ideas for you. All of us Poteats are praying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are in my prayers! Diggin' the costumes! They are Sweet!
    Tinika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the comments. Monica and I have felt so loved because of all the people praying. Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the pictures, they made me laugh! The last one made me cry! I am praying for tow little blessings! Looks like you might have found yourself a Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I doubt too many people have pictures of their babies like that! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rob...you and Monica are adorable but you two will pale in comparison to your child(ren)! Many prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, thanks! You are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.