Friday, August 6, 2010

In The Dark

There are some things that I really like about darkness. For example there is a major difference in light from my bathroom to my bedroom.  In the morning, when I look at the mirror in my bedroom, my hair looks regular to normal in thickness.  It's not pitch black dark in the room, but it's dark enough to make me feel like I'm having an Uncle Jesse, from "Full House", type of hair day.  A funny thing happens when I walk into the bathroom which is lit way brighter than the bedroom...my hair goes from normally thick to incredibly receding.  I go from uncle Jesse to Uncle Fester from "The Adams Family."  The lack of light hides what's really going on. 

Darkness is great because it hides the truth that light exposes.  I think it's interesting that the Bible describes Jesus as the light of the world.  He has a way of exposing the things that we hide in the dark.  His light brings truth to us even if we don't like what we see.  Like exposing a incessantly receding hairline Jesus exposes things that we hide in the dark.  Sometimes it's hard to be around Jesus because His light exposes the truth. At the end of the day though I'd rather see the truth then live in the darkness, no matter how it makes my hair look.

3 comments:

  1. You're a wise man for being so stinkin' young. But you shouldn't feel the least bit jealous that your hair is not as thick and luxurious as mine!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.