Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with thoughts. The following is a massive mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.
  • We had a good staycation last week. Similar to when I'm on vacation I didn't take out the trash for trash day. I forgot what day it was because we weren't on a schedule. I can't even begin to describe how bad it smells in my trash can. I wish that smell-o-net (Internet where you could smell things) was around so you could experience it.
  • I'm no longer enjoying going out to get the mail. For me it used to be an adventure. I used to even tell my wife that I was going on an adventure.  I had to walk outside, go to the mailbox, unlock it, and then I always got a surprise. The mail now is filled with nothing but junk. I get a lot of mail but it's all a bunch of poo.
  • Last Sunday at Waters Edge was very powerful. If you missed it or don't attend you should watch the service here. It was on getting over your past, past mistakes and or past hurts from others.
  • The service included, what one person called, one of the funniest videos we've ever shown. Hopefully modern day genius, singing ninja, and all around great guy, Phil Poteat will send me the code for the video so I can post it. I hope to post the video this week on the blog for all to see.
  • I went to see the movie The Switch over the weekend. I left the theater and totally forgot to take a picture for the review. I hope to get back to the theater to take the picture so I can post it later this week.
  • I got asked by one of my favorite bloggers, Tyler Stanton, to do something BIG in September with 30 other bloggers. It will involve your help, and I can't wait to share with you. I think it's a great idea and I'm honored that he asked me.
  • This Wednesday is N.O.G. = Night of Games.  It's a fun game night for the Waters Edge Students. This event gets rained out every year. I am hoping that it doesn't rain this Wednesday in the 757.
  • I'm still beaming over the fact that my wife is pregnant. The first miracle is that she got pregnant. The second miracle will be to sustain the pregnancy.  We appreciate the prayers!
  • People keep telling us that we are going to have twins. My 4 year old nephew thinks we are going to have one boy and one girl.  He suggested we name them Fifi and Crash Symbols.
  • I know you probably don't think about super heroes much, but I do. For example I was watching a super hero movie and I thought that if they were real they'd sweat a lot. Have you ever worn a mask? Have you ever worn tights? I've worn both...at separate times...and they are HOT. I can't imagine how hot they'd be together. Not to mention how hot they'd be with all the fighting and running around.
  • I got an iPod touch for my birthday last week. It was a joint gift between 5 people and I'm loving it. 
  • My wife just turned to the Miss Universe Pageant.  Is it wrong that I want someone to tackle one of the Miss Universe contestants? No one in particular, but I'd take a good tackle to any of them. I feel mean typing that, but it'd make me laugh.
  • Whew...she just turned the channel to Back to the Future. I love that movie!
  • Back to the iPod touch if you have any apps that you recommend I'd love to try them out. Right now I'm loving Words with Friends, Frogger, and Traffic Rush.
  • I have three zits on my face. I kind of thought that by the time I turned 32 I'd stop getting zits. I guess it's a myth that it's a teenage thing. I wonder what age a person does stop getting zits?
  • I'm going to see my favorite band, NeedtoBreathe in concert tonight. They are opening for Train. This was another birthday gift. If this is your first time reading my blog then you need to know that I love birthdays!
  • A former student of mine is now on the soap, All My Children. Monica and I watched his premier. Soaps are awful, but he was good in it. His name is Trent Garrett. You can read the Daily Press article here.
  • We are got rid of our cable. It ends next month. I'm not sure what we are going to do starting in September. We are making as many cuts as we can to pay off our loan for IVF. Dave Ramsey says, "If you'll live like no one else, than you can live like no one else." I'd say that if you haven't read his book "Total Money Makeover" then you should buy it today. It's great financial advice!
  • Speaking of paying off IVF, do you think I could win if I sued companies that make "smart phones?" I was happy with my phone until they started calling theirs smart. Now I feel like I'm stuck with a dumb phone. Just because my phone can't get on the internet that's no reason to call it dumb. I'm joking about suing, but I did have that thought when thinking about ways to pay off IVF. It made me chuckle to myself.
Whew...I feel better now.

8 comments:

  1. Love your "mind dump" Rob! I'm giggling to myself about the whole cable thing, we've been doing our "total money makeover" for 2 years, and cable was the first thing to go, we could technically probably get cable, but we found that we really got used to not having it. There's never anything good on tv anyways, so why pay for "nothing on tv". My sweet husband got a hd antenna (modern day rabbit ears) and we get good reception on our 7-ish channels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only use Hulu and Netflix instead of cable and love it. I don't feel tied down to the tv like I used to. I actually heard a neat story on the radio that DVR's actually make you watch more TV than less since you tape stuff you might not normally take the time to watch. Plus, in a bigger city, you can probably get most of the networks via antenna now anyway! We are too far from the city so we only get PBS and ABC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots going on for you lately. It's good to have an exciting list of things to talk about. Some big, some small. Some silly, some serious. I love your little boy wonder and satisfaction with what you have. It inspires me to try hard and be more thankful. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mind dump on robshep.com.

    And, as I pray for you and Monica I can't help but picture the most adorable boy and girl twins. What do you think about arranged marriages, I think this practice needs to be a fad in America - I'd like to marry off my twins to another set! LOL :)

    Off to check out WEC's past weekend sermon...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could always sell a kidney or something to pay off your loan. I've considered it myself...to pay off our credit card and various medical bills. ;) I think it would have been pretty funny if a pageant contestant got tackled too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are to funny. Something tells me that the names Fifi and Crash won't be at the top of the list for you guys. What I'm wondering is how would it be for you guys is that if both embryos take and then split :) Sooooo excited for you. One more thing. Sunday's sermon at Waters Edge was the most powerful to date (that I've seen) and yes the video was very funny. You will have to ask Brett what he said about it.

    Bernadette Price

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I'll have to look into that HD attena.

    Ryan and or Kim (or both), that's a great idea. I'm thankful for the computer!

    Daniel, thanks!

    Julie, let me know what you think about the service.

    Austin Lee, tempting.

    Bernadette, I look forward to hearing what he had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, and don't forget hulu... it's free, kind of like dvr, because you get to pick when you watch something :) (the hd antenna is posted on your roof/siding like a satellite, but we have no problems) plus, Aaron can install it for you guys if you decide on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.