Friday, August 13, 2010

Birthdays

Tomorrow is my birthday. I love birthdays. Specifically I love my birthday.  I have noticed that many people over the age of 16 don't really get excited about their birthday.  Maybe it's because it reminds them that they are getting older? I don't know the reason but to in my opinion not liking your birthday is like not liking oxygen, Chipotle, or air conditioning.  It just doesn't make sense.  I mean what's not to like?
  • You get cake. Who doesn't like cake?
  • People give you gifts. Who doesn't like gifts?
  • People leave you comments on Facebook. Who doesn't like comments on Facebook?
  • You get free stuff. A lot of places give you a free dessert on your birthday. Before it closed down Hollywood Video gave you a free rental on your birthday. Even if it's a cheap bowl of ice cream from a Mexican restaurant it's still free.  Who doesn't like free stuff?
  • People send you cards. Now I don't really care for cards, but I do like em when they come with money in them.
  • Grandma's give you a gift. My grandma still gives me $10 still to this day. Who doesn't like ten bucks from grandma?
  • You get a birthday meal. Everyone that I know gets to eat what they want and where they want on their birthday. Who doesn't love a good meal?
  • Traditions. Things like blowing out candles, & getting the birthday song sung to you are great traditions. Who doesn't like good traditions?
From my perspective birthdays are AWESOME!

10 comments:

  1. happy early birthday...mine is a week from sunday so i am looking forward to it as well. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love celebrating my birthday, and I'm way over the age where people generally stop liking it. I like to stretch it out over the whole month (of July) if I can. So I'm right there with you. I might not feel the same in another decade but for now, I still like it.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mention Chipotle a lot, is that some sort of indian dance or muscle relaxant? As for me, being much older than you, I could do with no more birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel, maybe if you started eating Chipotle you'd like your birthday more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't like cake....i like pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. rubxcubedud, that's cool, but how do you not like cake? What about a cookie cake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my birthday. I have "Birthday Week."

    Nice post about all the things to love about birthdays. Who doesn't love a nice post about all the things to love about birthdays??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! I love celebrating with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont care how old you get...I think people should still make a big deal out of your birthday. I LOVE birthdays. I get sad when people act like it's not a huge deal anymore as you get older. Happy early birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't care for cake... really good cake, I kind of like, but I could take it or leave it. Now a good steak... that's worth having on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.