Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Challenged My Pastor To A Game of Mercy

Last Sunday at Waters Edge we concluded our series called Surrender. The last week was one of my all time favorite services at Waters Edge. Each week we try to have a little bit of fun in the service. As a part of the service I interrupted Stu Hodges, Lead Pastor, and said the following...

"Stu often says that he wants to live out what he's teaching.  After the last few weeks of being slapped around by his awesome talks I wanted to make sure that he was feeling what it meant to surrender.  I can't think of a better way than to challenge him to a game of Mercy. You know the game from middle school where you force someone to surrender by saying the word mercy? I personally love the results of our match. We just happened to catch the battle royal on film. Check it out." Here is the video from this Sunday and yes I wore that outfit to church...



*Phil Poteat filmed, directed, and edited the video. He's gifted.

6 comments:

  1. I saw this on Sunday and it was hysterical! Never know what you guys are going to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it, what was edited?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A prize-winner. You must have loved doing that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny video. This shirt is so hot and confining. Who knew the CFA/Chipotle diet would be so awesome. Sign me up baby!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.