Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Signed An Autograph

"Will you sign an autograph for me" is a question that I don't get often. That all changed last night...

So last night Monica and I went to see the band Train in concert. We actually went to see my favorite band Needtobreathe, who opened for Train.  We went to the concert with our friends Jamey and Carlyn.  Now something that you need to know about Jamey and me is that we like to stalk  meet our favorite bands. We've ended up getting to stalk meet all of our favorites. 

We first ran into Bear, the lead singer of Needtobreathe.  To my surprise we ended up having a great conversation. I typically say something stupid around people I look up to. I once yelled "Remember ME" to one of my favorite artists, TobyMac.  It just came out of my mouth. It was embarrassing.  Bear even asked some crazy girl fans to wait so that we could finish our conversation. 

After we met him I declared that we could now leave.  The show wasn't over, but it was 10 PM and the concert was about an hour away. On our way out we just happened to see Bear's brother Bo. We stalked made our way down to see him and this is where the fun began. For some reason multiple girls thought that Jamey and I were in Needtobreathe.  Two different groups of girls came down to take their picture with Bo.  Afterward they looked to us to get autographs and or hugs. 

Since Jamey and I aren't in Needtobreathe we didn't really know what was going on.  After getting Bo's autograph a girl asked Jamey to sign her piece of paper.  He didn't hear what she said, and he responded with "that's not my pen." The girl left dejected and sad.  Immediately following her another fan asked for my autograph and since I saw what happened with Jamey I knew what was going down.  I signed it Robshep.com.  Jamey followed in giving an autograph and we all shared a good laugh afterward. It was a very funny night.  Enjoy some pics.

Pictured Above: Needtobreathe
Pictured Above: Train
Pictured Above: Rob with Bear from Needtobreathe
Pictured Above: Carlyn, Bear, and Jamey
Pictured Above: Rob, Bo, and a whole lot of Bo's chest.
Pictured Above: Jamey, Bo and his chest, and Carlyn. Bo also wears tight jeans. Jamey asked Bo if he thought that he (Jamey) could pull off skinny jeans. He told him that he should get straight leg jeans and that he could pull them off if he got some boots. Carlyn wasn't happy with his response.
Pictured Above: Monica, Bo and his chest. Monica normally doesn't like to stalk, but she's come a long way. She actually took this picture for Alainna Baxley, one of our students, who is in love with Bo.
Pictured Above: Rob giving an autograph to a fan

4 comments:

  1. Wow. This whole seamy episode makes me really question today's youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A good name is more desirable than wealth" Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahaha! So stalking does work?! Glad you got your pics an met them! And became famous all in one night! How funny!! Great running into everyone last night! The concert was great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, I need to be sure to get your autograph the next time I see you!! Is Jamey going to start showing off his chest too with his straight leg jeans and boots?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.