Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Good friends wear Lakers jerseys

I know a lot of you who read robshep.com aren't Lakers fans...or even sports fans for that matter. I apologize for all the Lakers stuff as of late. I'm just a little excited about my favorite sports team being in the Finals. It will end soon I promise. Stick with me though because this post isn't really about the Lakers. It's more about how awesome my wife and friends are. A great sign of love is finding interest in something someone else loves just because they love it.  This past week I felt the love from my wife and friends.  

For game 1 and 2 of the Finals my wife invited some friends over to watch the game. Now 99% of the people that came over don't really like Basketball. They come over just because we are friends. Some of them even humor me by wearing Lakers jerseys, learning the players names, and cheering when the Lakers score. Even though the Lakers lost game two watching the first two games with friends was a lot of fun. It reminded me of how blessed I really am. Here are some pics of the fun...

Pictured Above: Friends watching game 2

Pictured Above: Monica surprised me with Lakers balloons for game two

Pictured Above: Monica surprised me with Lakers colored flowers sent to my office before game 1. The card simply said Go Lakers

Pictured Above: Monica surprised me with one of my all time favorite foods...Cookie Cake

Pictured Above: Rob and Jamey rock'n the jerseys. Notice how Jamey wears his like the NBA Players...no under shirt.

Pictured Above: Monica, Rob, Lindsey, Courtney, and Jamey

Pictured Above: Monica made a great spread for game 2. She's awesome!

14 comments:

  1. friends always make it better...looks like a lot of fun rob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not support the Lakers and I am a playoff NBA fan... This was definitely a misleading post. I am deeply saddened that my likeness was used in this blog post (I will not confirm nor deny that I was there).

    Go Celtics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not support the Lakers and I am a playoff NBA fan... This was definitely a misleading post. I am deeply saddened that my likeness was used in this blog post (I will not confirm nor deny that I was there).

    Go Celtics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just downright awesome. you should somehow live-blog from game 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan & Danielle are great friends, despite their unwillingness to wear Laker Jerseys. It has been a really fun Finals. It's a shame all these games are so late- I'm so tired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think an intervention needs to be staged to break you off of your Lakers habit (and of course onto a Celtics habit). If others disagree with me, it is because they are not true friends of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lakers rule. I'm currently the MVP fan for the finals. Woohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DP, you represent the 1% that are fans. I said 99% aren't fans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Court, I'd def say you are close. It's between you and Jamey for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your wife is awesome! :) She did a great job with all the surprises. I love that she sent you flowers. Most men don't get flowers...I'm not sure what Billy would think if I sent them to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously...Monica is so great. I hope my wife in the future goes out of her way like that to love what I love! GO LAKERS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like fun Rob

    Is anyone in the states interested in the Football World Cup in South Africa?

    Have you heard about the World Cup?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. John, some are. It's gets a lot of coverage on ESPN. I have a former Student from my youth group who is there now. He plays soccer in college and his went with his dad to see a few World Cup games.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK ta Rob

    I travel to South Africa every year so have seen a couple of the stadiums & love the place

    Chatted to a mate of mine who lives there a few days ago & he says the atmos around Joburg is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.