Thursday, June 10, 2010

The soundtrack to our lives

Music plays a HUGE role in movies.  The right song can make a scene. Whether it's a symphony score, a ballad for a romantic scene, or rock for an action scene music plays as big of a part in a movie as the the actors.  What would Rocky be without the classic score playing as he ran up the stairs? What would Jaws be without dun nun, dun nun, dun dun dun...? What would Ghostbusters be without "Who Ya Gonna Call" blaring in the background?

If my life was a movie I think the following songs would be playing in the background...
  • Beautiful Day by U2 - one of my all time favorite songs. I could see this playing as I wake up in the morning. For some reason I'm a morning person and for the most part I feel every day starts off beautifully.  
  • Superman by Luna Halo - I love the line in the song, "I can't be everything, but I know the one who can. I can't be your Superman." I often have to remind myself that I can't be all things to all people. Sometimes I'm going to let someone down.  I'm not perfect, but I know someone who is.
  • Jesus Freak by dc talk - This is the song that I want played at my funeral. 
  • Every Little Thing She Does is Magic by Sting and the Police - Whenever my wife, Monica, walks in the door this is the song that should be playing. 
  • Live by Faith by Chris Rice - "I can't feel you moving inside, I don't hear your voice whisper in the night, and I've never seen you with this eyes, am I fool." I love songs that wrestle with doubt. Faith if believing even though you can't see.  I have and will wrestle with believing in God. At the end of the day I have faith that God is who he says He is and that He'll do what He says He will do.  This song would play during times of doubt in my life.  
What song would be a part of the movie soundtrack to your life?

6 comments:

  1. Hmm ..... I would say anything by Menudo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. black by pearl jam
    better days by robbie seay band
    if you want me by irglova and hansard
    surfing with the alien by satriani
    i still havent found what i am looking for/with or without you (medley) by U2
    where ever i may roam by metallica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mon, it was between that and In Your Eyes. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby got back for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably some Evanescence, because I could listen to them everyday and not get tired of hearing them.

    So, if I had to have something playing, I'd like it to be them.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.