Monday, June 7, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain is constipated with thoughts. The following is a mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head.
  • I saw a commercial introducing the new 4G for a cell phone. Apparently that's a big deal. I still can't find anyone who can explain what was so great about 3G. Speaking of G's whatever happened to 1 and 2 G? Did they exist and no one talked about them or did they just skip on up to 3G? I'm going to wait until they come out with 7G for a phone. I probably still won't know what a G is, but 7 is God's number so I figure I can't go wrong. 
  • Question: "Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now) - Airplanes by B.O.B. might be the hottest song of the summer. 
  • I had a great time speaking at Waters Edge on Sunday.  I talked about a subject that I'm not real confident on...God's will.  I was telling someone that in ten years I may give a talk on the same subject and it would feel very different.  I don't claim to have God figured out and there is no way I have His will figured out.  After all He's God and I'm not.  I received a lot of very nice feedback about the talk.  I love WEC and I'm honored to be a part of what God is doing there! If you are interested in listening to to the talk you can do so by clicking here.  It should be posted by noon today. 
  • So Thursday night my wife, Monica, and I are going to see the Lakers play the Celtics in game 4 of the Finals. I've never been to a playoff game before and I've never seen the Lakers play in Boston. I'm checking off some bucket wish type things this week. 
  • My mom is so cool. After reading my blog last week she came up with the idea to give me my birthday gift early...money towards the game. That's a great gift! My birthday's not till August but this is one gift I won't soon forget about.
  • I'm nervous to wear my Lakers jersey in Boston. I don't really want to get heckled. Boston is known as a walking city because not many people drive. Our hotel is only a half mile away from the stadium. I'm just nervous that wearing them would rile some crazy Celtic fan up on our walk to the hotel. Monica and I talked about her bringing a big purse and putting the jerseys in her purse after the game. 
  • I told my wife that she may see a New Kid on the Block at the game. She loved them growing up. They are pretty big fans of the Celtics. I know this because I went with her to a concert a couple of years ago. There were only 6 guys in the sold out stadium and 5 of them were the New Kids on the Block. It was way too many women in one building. At one point all the New Kids wore Boston Celtics jerseys. Even though I loathe the Celtics it was the highlight of the concert for me. 
  • This Saturday is a busy day for me. My friend Jamey Menser is eating in his first competitive eating competition. When asked if he'd been training he replied, "I've been training for almost 31 years for this." He likes food, but to win he has to not only eat more than anyone else he has to eat at least 20 hot dogs. That's a lot of wieners. 
  • At some point on Sat. I really want to see the A-Team. I think this movie looks A-Mazing. 
  • On Sat. night I'm taking 12 seniors from Waters Edge to prom. I'm driving them in the WEC Party Bus. This is the second year in a row seniors have asked me to do this. I love that I get to be a small part of their big night. 
  • I'm really sad to see the NBA season end. It means we are entering, in my opinion, the most boring time of year for sports. I don't mind baseball, but I can only take so much of it. Luckily football will be back soon. 
  • I was asked recently what I would eat if I knew it was going to be my last meal. They wanted me to pick appetizers, main course, and dessert. I'd start with some Buffalo Chicken Dip. Then I'd eat a Chicken Fajita burrito from Chipotle. I would be drinking Mt. Dew and finish it off with a milkshake from Chick-fil-A. Hey, if it's going to be my last meal I'm going out with a bang.
Whew...I feel better now

9 comments:

  1. Back to back mind dumps. Yahoo! I don't know much about cell phones (except that you would get better audio quality with a string and two cans), but I believe the "G" stands for $1000. So, 3G = $3000, 4G = $4000, etc. I'd go with the string and the cans. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G = generation
    1G = analog cell phone
    2G = Digital cell phone
    3G = multi-media support, spread spectrum transmission
    4G = Fully IP (internet capable) multimedia phones and PCs
    5G is yet to be determined (took almost 8 years to get 4G out)
    My advice as far as phones go is buy one when you are ready and get the best you can afford because the second you get it you will see the coolest thing out :(
    Have fun at your game this week ...man I bet that will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. i will check out your talk...always enjoy it when you speak...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel, yeah this one wasn't supposed to post till Thursday, but I ran out of time to post something for today. And you were right about the game.

    Shamner, thanks. You are the first person who could tell me what the heck that meant.

    Thanks Brian!

    Leah, it was a great question. Thanks for asking it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do dump a lot. I love your dumps. Super excited about Boston! I love living life with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shamner, you saved me the trouble of the explanation, and did a better job at summarizing it than I could have. Rob, your talk this Sunday was super fantastic dude. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Celtics! Lakers suck. I only added that 'cause you said you loathe Boston. They don't really suck, although they are my least favorite good team.

    I did kind of like them when they really sucked with Nick Van Exel.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.