Friday, June 4, 2010

Mind Dump

My brain feels constipated with thoughts. The following is a mind dump of all the random stuff going on in my head...
  • How often should one floss their teeth? I floss every single day...for two weeks leading up to my dentist appointment.  Up until that point I pretty much forget to floss. Let me know how often you floss on the new survey at robshep.com.
  • I think a lot of non food items lose their flavor.  Case in point toothpaste.  I don't feel like toothpaste tastes as strong when it gets to the end of the tube.  It's wasteful but I open a new tube of toothpaste before I have to roll the tube from the bottom just to squeeze some out.  I know you don't eat it but I feel the same way about soap. When I get to the end of a bar of soap I don't feel like it cleans or smells as good as a brand new bar.  I don't think soap can get dirty but something happens to make it not make me feel so fresh and so clean. 
  • My wife is Awesome! I'm a BIG Lakers fan, so in honor of game 1 of the NBA Finals she...
    • wore Lakers colors to work (she's a 4th grade teacher)
    • surprised me with an arrangement of purple and gold flowers. She sent them to my office and they came with a card that simply said GO LAKERS
    • bought me a Full Throttle energy drink, so I could stay awake and watch the game.
    • invited friends over to watch the game.
    • made my all time favorite snack Buffalo Chicken Dip. I'm telling you, I'd eat my left hand if it was made out of this stuff. I'd try to resist, but after a nano second I'd cave to the yummy goodness that is Buffalo Chicken Dip!
    • bought my favorite type of cake...cookie cake. I love em! She had it specially made with Go Lakers written on it in icing. 
  • I think a sign of true love is finding interest in something that someone else loves just because they love it. My wife does an awesome job of that. She went above and beyond to make game 1 of the NBA Finals special.  It makes me feel a little bad that I don't show some love to sparkling vampires...aka Twilight.
  • Speaking of the NBA Finals Monica and I are talking about trying to get tickets to see them play in Boston.  I have a goal that I want to see the Lakers play in every NBA arena. Going to see them play in Boston would knock off one arena that I haven't been to.  There's no guarantee that the Lakers will make it back  to the Finals anytime soon. Kobe Bryant, their best player, is getting older.  When Hall of Famer, 5 time NBA champion, and all time Laker great, Magic Johnson retired it took the Lakers 10 years to get back to the finals.  I don't know if we will really go through with it or not.  It would take away some vacation funds, but it might just be worth it.
  • Ok last thing about the Lakers...my pastor Stu Hodges is good luck. He tweeted about it here. He's not a big sports fan but to my knowledge he's watched parts of 3 Lakers games in his life.  All three equaled victories for the Lake Show.
  • Tonight I'm planning on going to see Phil Poteat (Director of Worship and Production at Waters Edge Church) preform at Uno's in Newport News.  If you live in the 757 you should too.
  • Have you seen the commercial for the new diapers that look like jeans? The concept is ridiculous, but the commercial is pretty funny.  The tag line is "the coolest you'll look pooping in your pants." You can watch it by clicking here.
  • Have you ever lost Facebook friends? When you have more then ten friends it becomes hard to know if someone de-friends you. I just happened to be looking at my profile page and I noticed I lost two friends. I don't have a fat clue who they were or why we are no longer Facebook friends. I think Facebook should give you a de-friend update: So and So de-friended you because ____.  When you de-friend someone it could give you options like de-friend so and so because A. they post too much B. they send you annoying things like Farmville updates C. They didn't "Poke" you back D. Other. 
  • I was blessed with not one, but two Spicy Chicken Sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A this week.  I signed up for a coupon for one at the Patrick Henry Mall.  Chick-Fil-A is so top shelf.  They had a special VIP section for everyone who was lucky enough to reserve their free coupon. We got t-shirts, sat in a VIP section, and were treated like VIPs by our very own hostest.  It was wicked awesome.  The next day the owner of the Kiln Creek Chick-Fil-A surprised the WEC staff with some Spicy Chicken Sandwiches, Sweet Tea, and Brownies. I love the new sandwich! My preference is to eat it with pepper jack cheese and Chick-fil-A Buffalo Wing Sauce. If you didn't get to try a free one they go on sale Monday.
Whew...I feel better now

10 comments:

  1. Awesome mix today. Buffalo sauce hands and poopy diapers. Both ends definitely covered! Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, thanks man. You too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your brain dumps. It give us insight into what goes on in your mind all day. Your mind is a very busy place. Keep up the good work. I really enjoy your blog, with the exception of the sports ones. Those, I must admit, are not my favorite. I am not a sports fan of any sort. No offense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! For the record, I am an avid reader of your blog. I would have been all about the Buffalo Dip if you hadn't mention poop in the points to follow. But as always, very entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have such a beautiful mind...lol. logan taste buffalo sauce at 6 months old...when i failed to wash my hands after eating wings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting my free sandwich in about 15 minutes!! And I totally agree about the soap thing. I was thinking about that when I was reading your toothpaste story and then BAM, there it is. Great minds think alike of course

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teeny, thanks for reading. The sports blogs will end soon. I'm just so excited about the Lakers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, I had no idea you read the blog. Thanks for the comment and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I am jealous you got TWO CFA sandwiches. ;) I only got one. And I am just like you with the flossing. I always get really nervous a few weeks before the dentist and get serious about flossing.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.