Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What is your worst smell?

I like having a nose. I'm very thankful for the gift of smell.  There are however a few smells that make me wish I could turn off the smell feature. 
  • Hospitals. Even when I'm in the baby section of a hospital I think it smells like death and dying.  Would it kill them to light a few fruity scented candles?
  • Paper Mills. Have you ever driven by one? It smells like the sewer threw up.
  • My belly button. Straight awful.
  • Old people. It's not all old people, but it is many of them. I don't know why so many old people smell funny. It's either a mothball smell or way too much perfume.  I think they might be trying to cover over the smell of death...which is creeping up on them. 
  • The smell of defeat. I hate losing.
  • Nail polish remover. It's 2010...time to come up with a powerful remover that doesn't stank.
  • Cigarette smoke. I don't judge people for smoking, but I don't understand how they can get used to the smell. Someone should invent odorless cigarettes.
So what smells smack you in the face?

11 comments:

  1. Quite a list. Belly button? How would you know? Do you come from circus folk? I would definitely include hospitals on my list too. That antiseptic smell I can vividly remember without even stepping foot into one of those places. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you owned the belly button smell but agreed, it is curiously funky smelling. I hate the smell of gasoline and any candle stores. My poor nose gets overwhelmed and angry at my brain for inflicting too many smells, headaches will ensue.

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you owned the belly button smell but agreed, it is curiously funky smelling. I hate the smell of gasoline and any candle stores. My poor nose gets overwhelmed and angry at my brain for inflicting too many smells, headaches will ensue.

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel, I don't know why but if I ever have to scratch it I almost always smell my finger. It's gross, but it happens almost automatically.

    Cecilia, I hear ya. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one kid i work with, his mom...yeah...its bad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. how do you smell your own belly button?

    ReplyDelete
  7. KBCK, is that Beth Colgan leaving a comment? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Riding behind a garbage truck, rotten fish that has been left in a hot garage. And yes, belly button odor on your finger tip is gag nasty. (I think I stole that from someone)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes sir! It's me!

    Ya gotta admit...that is one smell that gets in your nose, on your clothes and it lingers.

    Caymus was on the farm at Easter.

    Last week he was wearing shoes that he wore then...I had to make him take them off! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.