Saturday, June 19, 2010

Movie Review: Toy Story 3

Some movie franchises shouldn't have made a third film.  Think Karate Kid, Spiderman, Matrix, X-Men, and Shrek.  All produced good sequels, but fell well short when they became a trilogy. It's been 11 years since the Toy Story gang have been featured in a movie.  It's such a long period of time adults, who were kids when the original movies came out, are afraid that a third movie may taint everything they love about the film franchise.  Think Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. 

Have no fear, Toy Story 3 delivers in a HUGE way. It's creative, heart warming, and an incredibly well made movie.  I enjoyed Toy Story 3 a lot. The plot of the movie doesn't really matter.  What you need to know is that it's not the plot that drives these movies...it's the characters. Woody, Buzz, and the rest of the gang are back in arguable the best film of the franchise.

Toy Story 3 is rated G and is great for the entire family. I give it two thumbs up.

Rob's Rating System:
Two Thumbs up = I loved it, worth paying full price, and I will own it on DVD.
One Thumb up = An OK movie, worth a matinee showing, and I may buy it on DVD if I see it in the $5 bin.
Thumb to the side = Wait and rent it. I wouldn't be mad if someone gave me this DVD, but I wouldn't buy it.
Thumbs down = I hated it, wish I wouldn't have wasted money on it, wouldn't own it on DVD

3 comments:

  1. I plan to see this soon with my little one. I read a good review on CNN, but I was waiting for yours to come out before I did anything! Have a great one today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait man! the fam gets back today and this is on our list for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie is dying to see this movie. I can't wait to take her now.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a good comment = God's blessing on your children's children.

Leaving a bad comment = a curse that will cause all of your children to be born bald and naked.